Can I Make A Claim For Council House Repairs?

Request free assessment
Council House Repairs
 Allaya Hussain
Legally reviewed by: Allaya Hussain In: Housing Disrepair

Council House Repairs and Disrepair Claims

You should always feel safe and comfortable in your own home. Council house repairs should be carried out swiftly and smoothly so that you are never having to live in adverse conditions. Here at AWH Solicitors, we believe that no one should have to suffer because of a local council’s or housing association’s negligence. We can help you to make a claim so that you can get the repairs that you need done urgently. 

Get in touch today to claim for council house repairs and compensation.

Get in touch

What are Common Council House Repairs?

Our housing disrepair solicitors have dealt with a number of different issues that can affect individuals who are living in council housing or in a housing association. Some of the most common include: 

  • Damp and mould 

Damp and mould can cause serious health problems such as respiratory problems like asthma and skin reactions, and should therefore never be ignored. 

  • Gas and water leaks 

Persistent gas or water leaks can be incredibly dangerous and should be resolved immediately. 

  • Structural defects claims 

Structural issues in a property can be extremely dangerous to the occupants, and so should be resolved as soon as is necessary, as well as removing the occupants if necessary. 

  • Subsidence claims 

Subsidence is when all or part of your property begins to sink or slide into the ground. It can have a domino effect and cause lots of other issues with your property. 

  • Pest and vermin control claims 

The unsanitary nature of vermin and pests means that they should never live in your house, where they can spread disease. 

  • Lack of hot water

If you have been left without running hot water for an extended period of time, this can lead to health problems. 

  • Lack of central heating

As with running water, you are also entitled to always have working central heating. If you have gone for an extended period of time without it, then we can help you to make a claim

  • Broken windows and doors 

Broken windows and doors can cause major safety issues in your property and should be dealt with immediately.

Read more about housing disrepair claims

Can I Make A Claim For Council House Repairs?

If you live in a council house, your local council has a duty to look after the property you are living in and to make sure that it meets and maintains certain standards of living. If they have neglected their duty, then our specialist solicitors can help you claim for the repairs to be carried out. Additionally, we can help you claim compensation for any damage to your possessions, illness and injury. Our solicitors can provide you with a free assessment before taking on your claim. 

Legally, your property must be considered to be in a ‘state of disrepair’ in order to be able to make a claim. Within this, there may be damage to just one or to multiple rooms in your home. If your health has suffered, or you have suffered damage to your possessions, we can help you to get back on your feet. 

Get In Touch to Find out More

Here at AWH Solicitors, we always want to help those in need and are willing to go to great lengths to make sure that the necessary steps are put in place to ensure that council house repairs are carried out as quickly as possible. 

Get in touch today for immediate help and advice. 

Get in touch