Can I Make a Tinnitus Claim?
If you have developed tinnitus because of a noisy working environment, we can help you with your tinnitus claim and help you get the compensation that you deserve. Claim compensation for tinnitus with the help of our expert industrial disease solicitors today.
Contact us to get started on your tinnitus claim and claim the tinnitus compensation you deserve.
What is Tinnitus and How can I Claim Compensation for Tinnitus?
A common problem that affects up to 20 percent of people, tinnitus is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. It isn’t actually a condition in itself – it’s a symptom of an underlying cause. This cause could be old age, a circulatory disorder, or an ear injury. In a lot of cases, treatment can improve the symptoms that result from tinnitus.
Some of these symptoms include:
Some people only experience tinnitus in one ear, and the pitch can vary from a low to high frequency. It can also be present all the time, or it might come and go. If tinnitus is caused at work we can help you claim compensation for tinnitus.
There are also two kinds of tinnitus. These are:
- Objective tinnitus
This is a type of tinnitus that your doctor will also be able to hear when they examine you. This rare type of tinnitus may be caused by a middle ear bone condition, a blood vessel problem, or muscle contractions.
- Subjective tinnitus
This is the most common type of tinnitus, and it can be caused by ear problems in your outer, middle or inner ear.
Exposure to very loud noise is a common cause of hearing loss and tinnitus. Tinnitus that is caused by short-term exposure to loud noise can go away, but short and long-term exposure to loud sound can cause permanent damage.
Starting a Tinnitus Claim and claim Tinnitus Compensation
If you have developed tinnitus due to being exposed to excessive noise levels at work, then you may be able to make a claim against your employer and claim for tinnitus compensation. AWH can help you to claim compensation for tinnitus on a no win, no fee basis.
All employers have a duty of care towards their employees and must be able to prove that they are doing everything within their power to protect them from avoidable harm. In order to achieve this, they must adhere to certain rules. These rules include:
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation can be a direct one, or through a safety representative who is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace.
- Giving all employees information about the risks that exist in their workplace and how employees are protected from them, in addition to instructing and providing training on how to avoid these risks.
If, as an employee, you feel that you have been exposed to dangers in your workplace that have led to you developing tinnitus, then you can likely make a claim for tinnitus compensation against your employer. Here at AWH, we can help you to get started with this process.
What Tinnitus Compensation you are Entitled to
The exact amount that you could get in compensation is difficult to say exactly, but there will be a number of different things that are considered in your claim. These factors that will need to be considered are:
- Whether the condition has had an impact on your ability to work, and whether it has already meant that you have suffered from a loss of earnings.
- Any medical costs that you may have to pay, as well as the cost of any future treatment.
- Any travel expenses that you have had to pay while travelling to receive your medical treatment.
When you get in touch, our expert hearing loss solicitors will be able to assess how much compensation you may be entitled to.
Get in Touch and Find Out How We Can Help you Claim for Tinnitus Compensation
Here at AWH Solicitors, we have a great amount of experience with industrial disease claims. If your life has been affected by tinnitus that you have developed from your working conditions, we can help you to get the compensation for tinnitus that you deserve.
Contact us today and we can help you to start your tinnitus claim and claim the tinnitus compensation you deserve.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.