How do I make a fall at work claim?
Suffering a personal injury is always inconvenient and having to make a fall at work claim can seem like such a daunting task. However, the multiple benefits that come from receiving compensation from your avoidable injury should not be overlooked. We are passionate about helping people who need legal advice and support and we are always here to help with your case.
Get in touch today for an expert chat.
Am I eligible to make a fall at work claim?
Accidents in the workplace are unfortunately commonplace when correct safety procedures are not followed. Suffering a fall at work can lead to injuries, such as:
- Cuts and bruises
- Serious musculoskeletal injuries
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
Back injuries that result from a fall at work can be incredibly serious and you may be able to receive compensation. Our expert back injury solicitors can review your case and provide legal advice.
How can employers avoid a fall at work claim?
All employers are required to provide a safe working environment for their employees and must always put the correct health and safety measures in place where necessary. The duty-of-care requirements that your employer must follow include:
- Providing communication channels for employees to raise any safety concerns they may have
- Ensuring that workers do not work excessive hours that may lead to accidents
- Providing areas in which workers can rest
- Clearly defining how a job should be correctly carried out and undertaking risk assessments
- Ensuring a safe working environment free of avoidable hazards
If you have suffered an injury at work and feel that you may be entitled to compensation, get in touch with us and let our expert solicitors review your case.
How is your fall at work claim calculated?
Reaching a settlement for a fall at work is dependent on a number of different factors. These include consideration of:
- Any travel expenses that occurred in the time that you have been receiving medical treatment
- Whether your injuries will prevent you from working and therefore result in a loss of earnings
- The cost of any medical treatment that you have already received, in addition to the cost of any future treatment
- The cost of any care you may have received in the time since your accident
You may be unsure as to whether you would qualify to make a claim. A chat with our expert solicitors can give you an overview of the situation and put your mind at rest.
Whatever the extent of your injuries, if you’ve suffered from a fall at work that wasn’t your fault then you can likely make a claim, and all injury claims are on a no-win-no-fee basis. We are always here to help anyone who may need our legal advice and would be happy to assist you in constructing a strong case.
Contact our expert solicitors today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.