Can I Claim Head Injury Compensation?
Head injury compensation can help you on your path to recovery if you have suffered from a head injury in your workplace or in an accident.
Head injuries can potentially be very serious and can stop you being able to live your life as you would want to. If you would like professional help with making a claim for compensation, our trained injury solicitors can help you with the process.
Head Injury Caused at Work
If your injury is a result of negligence at work, then you can claim compensation.
Your employer must be able to prove that they are adhering to certain safety guidelines. Their duty of care towards their employees includes being able to show that they are:
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace.
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union.
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in their workplace and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them.
If your employer’s failing to meet these standards has led to you suffering from a head injury, then you are likely able to make a claim for head injury compensation. Contact us today for help with your claims process.
How to Claim Compensation for Head Injury
Have you been injured at work, in a car accident or in a public or private property? Get in touch today to start your head injury compensation claim.
What are Symptoms of Head Injury?
Head injuries are some of the most serious form of injury and it is always important to be medically assessed after you have had an accident that has resulted in damage to your head. A medical professional will be able to give you the best advice, but some of the general symptoms of a severe head injury include:
- Profound confusion
- Incoherent speech
- Loss of coordination
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- A long duration of unconsciousness
- Repeated vomiting
- Numbness or tingling in the tips of the fingers or toes
- Pupils of the eyes dilating
How Will my Claim be Calculated?
The calculation of your head injury compensation will include a number of factors. These include:
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
- Whether your head injury will prevent or may have already prevented you from working and therefore will result in a loss of earnings.
- Any travel expenses that have occurred while you have been receiving medical treatment
- Any cost of care
If your head injury has been particularly serious, then it is likely that your payout will be higher, but you will have to go through a considerable process of medical assessment. Our experts can help you throughout the different stages, and keep you informed at all times.
How Long will my Claim Take?
Because every case is unique, it is impossible to put an exact time scale on how long your claim process will take. If you have suffered a more serious head injury, then the process could take a little bit longer.
Your solicitor may also advise you to wait until you have an understanding of your full medical prognosis, in case there are any developments in your medical condition that mean that you may later need a larger payout to cover the cost of your medical bills.
There is a two-stage process to getting compensation determined. These two stages are:
- Firstly, determining who is responsible for your head injury having occurred. If it has happened in your workplace, then your employer is most likely liable for the accident.
- Secondly, the medical evidence that your doctor can provide from your appointments. This will be assessed to see how your medical condition has had an impact on you day to day life.
Contact Us to get Started with your Head Injury Compensation Claim
Contact us today to start the compensation claim process.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away