Can I Claim Compensation for Hip Bursitis?
Can I Claim for Hip Bursitis Compensation?
Hip bursitis can have a very large impact on your quality of life. If your employer has not provided a suitable strategy for preventing it then you can likely make a claim for compensation. Our industrial disease specialists have plenty of experience with cases like this and can help you through the claims process.
At AWH we will help you find out how much hip bursitis compensation you may be owed if your condition was caused at work.
What is Hip Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that can affect all joints in the body. Sacs filled with fluid cushion each of the individual joints around the human body. When any of these sacs become inflamed, movement can become very painful and difficult.
Whilst any joint can be affected, the most common areas it can be seen in are the knees, elbows, hips or shoulders.
The symptoms of bursitis can vary, but some of the early warning signs can include:
- A dull, aching pain in your joints
- A warm or tender sensation in your joints
- Pain when you try and put pressure on your joints
- Red or swollen joints
The more active that the joint has to be, the more painful the condition is likely to be. Bending the joint at all can sometimes be difficult. Seeking early treatment for the condition can help slow down the progression of it.
Start your Bursitis Compensation Claim
Contact us today for expert advice and help with your bursitis claim.
Can I Claim Hip Bursitis Compensation?
If you have developed hip bursitis whilst at work, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation against your employer. It is reasonable to expect that you would be protected from injuring or developing a lifelong condition whilst at work. Because of this, there are a number of things that your employer must do in order to prove that they are making the workplace as safe as possible. These actions are:
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in the workplace and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union
If you are suffering from hip bursitis because of your employer’s negligence, then we can help you make a claim for compensation. Get in touch with us today.
How will my Bursitis Compensation be Calculated?
The various different factors that go into your hip bursitis compensation calculation, including:
- Any cost of care that you might have had to already pay
- Whether your hip bursitis will prevent or may have already prevented you from working and therefore will result in a loss of earnings
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
Because every case is unique, there may be other factors that need to be considered when your compensation is being calculated. A chat with our expert solicitors will be beneficial to help you understand the process.
How Long will my Claim Take?
It is difficult to put an exact time scale on how long your claim could take, but there will be two stages to the process. These two stages are:
- It will be determined who is held liable for your injury. If it occurred in your workplace, then this will most likely be found to be your employer.
- The medical evidence from your condition must also be determined in order to decide on the impact that it has had on you
With the help of our expert industrial disease solicitors, the claims process can potentially be much shorter.
Contact Us for Advice on Your Industrial Disease Claim
With a great deal of experience in claims of this nature, our expert solicitors are in the perfect position to help you.
Get in touch today.Get in touch