How Much Compensation for Loss of Sight in One Eye?Start your claim
Can I Claim Compensation for Loss of Sight in One Eye?
If you have been in an accident that has caused you to lose your sight, you may be able to claim compensation.
We can help you claim if your sight loss happened as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault or if the accident happened at your place of work in the last 3 years.
Incidents that can Lead to Sight Loss
Accidental loss of sight can be an unfortunate result of unsafe working environments, especially in work that can involve using machinery or chemicals. Some incidents that have led to loss of sight claims include:
- Trauma to the eye due to a heavy object swiftly coming into contact with the eye socket and eyeball
- A chemical reaction to a corrosive substance
- Sharp objects penetrating the eyeball
- A head injury caused by a slip, trip or fall
- Dirt or grit lodging itself in the eye
Have you been injured as a result of another persons’ negligence? Then we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Claim Compensation for Loss of Sight
Get in touch today for a chat with our expert injury solicitors and find out if you can claim compensation.
Can I Claim for Loss of Sight in One Eye?
If you have suffered from the loss of your vision due to the negligence of another, such as your employer, then you can likely make a claim for compensation.
If the Injury was Sustained at Work
There are laws that your employer must adhere to in order to fulfil their duty of care towards their employees. There are a number of things that your employer must do in order to ensure the safety of your workplace surroundings. These are:
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union.
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in their workplaces and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace.
If you have suffered from the loss of sight in one eye because of your employer’s lack of safety procedures, we can help you with the process of making a claim. Get in touch today for help.
How Much Compensation for Loss of Sight in one Eye?
It’s difficult to give an exact figure for how much your compensation will be, as there are always a multitude of different factors that need to be assessed in every individual case. The factors that need to be considered are:
- Whether your eye injury will affect your ability to work, and how it may therefore result in a loss of earnings
- Any medical expenses that you may have already had to pay, in addition to any potential future treatment that you may have to receive
- Any travel expenses that you have had to pay while travelling to receive your medical treatment
Contact Us to get Started with your Eye Injury Compensation Claim
Our personal injury industrial disease solicitors have a lot of experience with helping people with traumatic injuries, and they can offer the best possible legal advice if you have suffered from the loss of sight in one of your eyes.
Contact us today for legal advice and help with your eye injury compensation claim.Get in touch