Can You Get Compensation for a Loved One’s Mesothelioma Death?
Unfortunately, those diagnosed with mesothelioma will generally face a very short life expectancy, so many won’t or can’t make a compensation within the time they have left.
Due to this, in many cases family members can claim for mesothelioma death compensation even after their loved one has passed away from mesothelioma.
Claiming Mesothelioma Compensation after Death with AWH
We have helped many mesothelioma sufferers and their families with mesothelioma claims, both before and after death.
We know that you deserve to be compensated for your suffering, especially as this deadly cancer could have been prevented. If your loved ones’ employer had put in place the required safety measures, the inhalation of asbestos fibres that cause mesothelioma would have been avoided.
Those responsible for your suffering should be held to account.
Start your Claim for Mesothelioma death Compensation
If your loved one has sadly passed away from mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos fibre, we could help you claim compensation for their death and the affect it has had on you and your family.
What is Mesothelioma?
As mentioned above, mesothelioma is a type of lung cancer which grows because of asbestos exposure. It is a rare, but severe occupational disease, and unfortunately nearly always leads to death within a few years of diagnosis.
The cancer affects the mesothelium. This is the name for the lining which protects all internal organs in the human body.
According to Cancer Research UK mesothelioma leads to approximately 2500 occupational deaths in the UK every year.
This malignant mesothelioma cancer caused by exposure to asbestos fibre often causes damage to the lining around the lungs, which is called the pleura. This damage causes breathing difficulties.
Sadly, the symptoms of mesothelioma are almost identical to a less severe asbestos related disease called asbestosis, so many people don’t even realise that they are suffering from the former until the later stages of the disease.
Because mesothelioma is so deathly, mesothelioma death compensation claims are common.
Symptoms of Mesothelioma
Symptoms of mesothelioma to watch out for include:
- Chest pain along with difficulty taking deep breaths and a fever
- Dry coughing or wheezing
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Abdominal pain
- Persistent hiccups and difficulty breathing
Often, a mesothelioma patient’s contact with asbestos occurred in a work environment due to lack of or inadequate protective equipment.
It could have happened decades before the person gets their diagnosis, because the damage to their lungs doesn’t usually become apparent for many years.
Have you been diagnosed with mesothelioma, or has your loved one passed away from the condition in the past three years? We could help you get compensated for your suffering.
For more information on mesothelioma compensation after death payouts, get in touch with our expert industrial disease solicitors.
How Compensation Can Help Families Who Have Lost a Loved One Due to a Mesothelioma Death
Mesothelioma death compensation will not make the grief you and your family feel after losing your loved one to this lung cancer go away. However, it can help towards unforeseen expenses such as:
- The cost of the funeral
- A burial plot if you loved one wished to be buried
- Travel costs for family members to attend the funeral
- Wages lost due to family members having to take time off work to care for or visit the loved one before their death
- Grief counselling after their death
It may seem strange to even consider pursuing an occupational disease claim after your loved one has passed away, but it can actually help you and your family to start the healing process.
A mesothelioma death compensation claim could also:
- Help you get answers about your loved one’s suffering,
- Hold those responsible accountable,
- Help to highlight the possibility of developing the condition to anyone who was also exposed to asbestos alongside your loved one, and
- Help you and your family achieve closure, enabling you to grieve and heal in the best way for you
Expert Mesothelioma Death Compensation Advice
As we have mentioned above, it is possible for family members of mesothelioma sufferers to claim compensation after their death. It is also possible for patients to pursue a claim themselves, even if they have only been given a short amount of time to live, because mesothelioma claims are often fast-tracked through the courts.
How much compensation a person can get for mesothelioma is calculated carefully using preset formulas. When you get in touch our solicitors will be able to provide you with a rough estimate on the amount you could claim for.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or your loved one has passed from the disease in the past three years, we could help you pursue a claim.
For more information about our help and legal support, get in touch.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away