Minor Head Injury Compensation
Can I Claim Compensation for my Minor Head Injury?
Have you suffered from a minor head injury, and are you wondering if you are entitled to compensation? Even if you initially think that your injury is not worth seeking compensation for, if a head injury has caused you to suffer, had an impact on your day to day life or stop you being able to work for a period of time, you should look into claiming compensation.
Our expert personal injury solicitors can help you claim the compensation that you deserve and make the claim process as simple as possible.
Getting your Injuries Assessed After a Head Injury
Even if you feel that it is not that serious, it is always important to get medically assessed after you suffer from any form of head injury. Some symptoms that you may suffer from if you have sustained a minor head injury are:
- A change in your sleep pattern
- Ringing in your ears
- Blurred vision
- Extra sensitivity to sound or light
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Problems with memory or concentration
- A brief loss of consciousness
This list is not exhaustive, and if you feel that you may have suffered other symptoms from your head injury then you will likely still be able to be considered for a claim.
Start your Head Injury Compensation Claim
Get in touch today to find out if you can claim compensation for your head injury.
Can I Claim for Head Injury in the Workplace?
In the workplace, your employer has a duty of care towards you to maintain a safe environment. They must adhere to a number of guidelines to legally fulfil this duty of care. These are:
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union.
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in their workplace and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace.
If you have suffered even a minor head injury in your workplace because of your employer failing to meet these standards, then we might be able to help you make a compensation claim. Contact us today for expert help.
Can I claim for head injury if it was caused out of work?
You may be able to claim compensation for your head injury if you sustained your injuries as a result of another’s negligence. If for example you were injured visiting a public building as a result of poor safety standards or building works, you could make a claim. Was your injury a result of a car accident, then you could likely claim too.
To find out if you can claim get in touch with our team of experts, who will help you quickly assess your legal options.
How Long will my Claim Take?
While it is difficult to put an exact time scale on claims, a minor head injury will likely take less time than more large-scale medical incidents. There will be two stages to the process. These are:
- It will be determined who is to be held liable for your injury. If it occurred in your workplace, then this will most likely be found to be your employer.
- The medical evidence from your head injury must be examined in order to determine the impact that it has had on you.
With the help of one of our expert industrial disease specialists, the process of claiming compensation could be considerably shorter. Get in touch to get the process started.
How Will my Claim be Calculated?
The way that your minor head injury compensation will be calculated will depend on a number of factors. These include:
- Any cost of care
- Any travel expenses that have occurred while you have been receiving medical treatment
- Whether your minor head injury will prevent or may have already prevented you from working and therefore will result in a loss of earnings.
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment.
Because every case is unique, there may be other factors that need to be considered when your compensation is being calculated. A chat with our expert solicitors will be beneficial to help you understand the process.
Get in Touch to get Started with your Compensation Claim
Our personal injury and industrial disease solicitors are highly trained in cases of this nature, and also have a wealth of experience. They will be able to answer any question that you may have for them and will be able to instruct you on what the next steps are.
Get in touch today.Get in touch