Can I Claim Compensation for Raynaud’s Disease?
You can claim compensation for Raynaud’s disease if the condition has been caused or worsened at work in the past 3 years. Raynaud’s can occur naturally, but it can also be caused or worsened by working with vibratory tools or undertaking repetitive tasks throughout your working day.
If you are suffering from Raynaud’s disease and you believe you’re suffering from your symptoms as a result of the work you do, we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.
Our expert industrial disease solicitors have extensive experience dealing with Raynaud’s disease claims and will make the process as straightforward and hassle-free as possible.
Start your Compensation Claim
Get in touch today to find out how much compensation you may be owed for Raynaud’s disease.
What is Raynaud's Disease?
Raynaud’s disease is a syndrome that is caused by the smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin becoming narrower. This limits the blood supply to the extremities of the body and causes pain in cold weather or in situations where the body is stressed.
Women are generally more likely to develop Raynaud’s Disease, and it is also more common in people who live in colder climates.
Vibration White Finger is another name for when Raynaud’s Disease has been caused by the extended use of vibrating power tools. If you have developed the condition because of your employer’s inability to provide a safe working environment, then you can likely make a claim. Get in touch with us today and we can begin the process together.
What are the Raynaud's Disease Symptoms?
The signs and symptoms of Raynaud’s disease include:
- Cold fingers or toes
- Colour changes in your skin in response to cold or stress
- A numb, prickly feeling or stinging pain upon warming or stress relief
When you are experiencing an attack of Raynaud’s, the affected areas of your skin will usually first turn white. Then they will often turn blue and feel cold and numb. As you get warmer and your circulation improves, the extremities may turn red, throb, tingle or swell.
There are two different types of Raynaud’s:
- Primary Raynaud’s – this is the most common type of Raynaud’s and it has no underlying medical condition. It is unknown as to why this condition occurs, but it can cause a large level of discomfort.
- Secondary Raynaud’s – this is less common, but it is when the condition is caused by a medical condition or environmental factor.
Secondary Raynaud’s is the condition that you would be suffering from if it is the result of using vibrating tools. With this form of the condition, it is important to treat the underlying issue and therefore it is recommended that you do not continue to undertake work that requires the use of vibrating power tools.
Can I Claim Raynaud's Disease Compensation?
If you have developed Raynaud’s Disease because of unsafe working conditions, then we can help you make a claim for compensation against your employer.
The duty of care that needs to be fulfilled by all UK employers includes them carrying out certain tasks. These are:
- Consulting employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in their workplace and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them
If your employer has failed to fulfil these requirements, and this has led to your Raynaud’s Disease developing, then we can help you to claim compensation. Get in touch today for help and advice.
How Will My Claim Be Calculated?
The amount of compensation that you could earn is subject to a number of different variable factors. These factors are:
- Whether the physical impact of your Raynaud’s Disease has stopped you from being able to work, meaning that you have lost earnings
- Any medical costs that you have had to pay, in addition to the cost of any further treatment that you will have to have
- Any travel expenses that have had to be paid whilst you have been receiving medical treatment for your condition
If your condition is particularly severe, then it may be the case that you have to have several medical examinations.
You could potentially earn more compensation for a serious condition, but your solicitor will likely advise you to wait until you have a full medical prognosis, as you will not be able to claim any further compensation once your case has been finalised.
How Long Will My Claim Take?
The claim process will be split into two stages.
Firstly, it must be determined who is to be held liable for your condition. If it is the case that your Raynaud’s disease developed while you were at work, then the liability will most likely be placed on your employer.
Secondly, the medical evidence of your condition must be reviewed, in order to assess how it has had an impact on your day to day living.
With the help of one of our expert solicitors, you can be assured that the logistical process of your claim will be dealt with as swiftly and efficiently as possible. Contact us today to start the process and find out how much compensation you could be owed.
Get In Touch Today To Find Out How Much Compensation You Could Receive
Having dealt with a large number of industrial disease cases, our expert solicitors are ready to take on your Raynaud’s disease compensation claim. Starting the process can be so much easier than you might have thought.
Contact us today and let us guide you through the first steps of your claim process.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.