Can I Claim Compensation For My Sciatica?
If you’ve damaged your back while at work, we can help you reach a sciatic nerve injury settlement UK and claim compensation for the injury.
Our expert solicitors have plenty of experience with industrial disease claims, and will be able to guide you smoothly through the process of making a claim.
Get in touch today to get the compensation you need.
What is a Sciatic Nerve Injury?
A sciatic nerve injury, or ‘sciatica’, are terms used to describe any kind of injury to the sciatic nerve. Anything that irritates this nerve can cause a lot of pain. It is usually caused by a compressed nerve in the lower spine.
Sciatica is not a condition, but a symptom of another problem involving the sciatic nerve. In certain cases, this means that an accident at work can cause immense pain. This can happen, for instance, if you suffer a herniated disc.
It can also get worse from the following:
- Bending backwards
- Being on your feet for an extended period of time
- Sitting for an extended period of time
Some of the symptoms of a sciatic nerve injury or sciatica include:
- Pain that is worse when sitting down
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A sharp pain that makes it difficult to stand or to walk
- Burning or tingling down the leg
Symptoms can occur from anything that aggravates the large sciatic nerve. If you have experienced this as a result of safety failings in your workplace, then you can likely make a compensation claim. Contact us for advice with this.
Can I Reach a Sciatic Nerve Injury Settlement UK?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer from a sciatic nerve injury because of unsafe conditions that you have had to work in, you may be able to claim compensation from your employer. Your employer has a duty of care that they must legally fulfil. This includes:
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace
- Consulting all employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that has been elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in the workplace, and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them
If you have developed a sciatic nerve injury due to an accident or due to not being given the correct number of breaks, then we can help you to make a claim for compensation. Get in touch today.
How Will My Settlement Be Calculated?
The different considerations that will go into your settlement being calculated will include:
- Whether your sciatica has already stopped you from working and will therefore result in a loss of earnings
- Any medical expenses that you may have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
- Any cost of care that you have already had to receive or may need to receive in the future
Because every case is unique, there may need to be other factors that need to be considered when your compensation claim is being calculated. A chat with our expert solicitors can help you to think about everything that you need to include in your case.
How Long Will The Process Take?
There are two stages to the process of making a claim. These are:
- Determining who will be held legally liable for your injury. If it is an accident that has occurred in your workplace then it is most likely that you employer is going to be held liable
- After liability has been established, the medical evidence of your injury must be examined in order to see how it has had an impact on your life
The process has the potential to be much shorter if you have help from an expert solicitor. Get in touch with us today to start your claims process.
Contact us to begin your Sciatic Injury Claim
If you have suffered a sciatic injury in your workplace, or developed sciatica because of unsatisfactory safety standards, we can help you to get the compensation that you deserve.
Get in touch and find out how much you are owed in compensation for your sciatic injury.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.