What compensation can I get for a slipped disc at work?
There are a multitude of back injuries that you can sustain when there are incorrect safety regulations in the workplace. Getting a slipped disc at work is one of the most painful back injuries, and we understand that you will have undergone a significant amount of suffering if this has happened to you.
Here at AWH Solicitors, we want to be able to offer as much support as possible to those who we know really need it. We have a great deal of experience in industrial disease claims and will be able to guide you easily through the whole process.
Contact us today for expert advice.
What are the symptoms?
This kind of injury happens in the lumbar region of your spine – this is the lower section of your back. When a disc in your spinal column has ruptured, it then places pressure on your spinal nerves. This causes immense pain, along with other symptoms including:
- Limited mobility
- Intense pain in your lower back
- Loss of sensation due to spinal nerves being impacted
- Sciatica – sharp shooting pains that run down your legs
Because of the potentially serious nature of damaging any part of your back, you must seek medical attention as soon as possible.
If you believe that you have suffered a slipped disc as a result of your employer failing to follow correct health and safety procedures, contact us today to discuss your compensation claim.
What are the causes of a slipped disc at work?
There are a number of ways in which you can suffer a slipped disc. However, the most common causes are:
- Lack of training in manual handling
- Lifting heavier items
- Serious damage to the back following a fall from a height
This is not a limiting list, and if you have suffered a slipped disc in your workplace then contact us for legal advice.
What safety measures can avoid a slipped disc at work?
Your employer is always legally obliged to ensure that you are as safe as reasonably possible in your workplace.
To achieve this, your employer must:
- Provide communication channels for employees to raise any safety concerns that they might have
- Clearly define how a physical task should be carried out, as well as undertaking risk assessments
- Ensure a safe working environment free of avoidable hazards
- Provide an area in which workers can rest
- Ensure that workers do not work excessive hours that may lead to tiredness and accidents
If your employer has failed to fulfil the safety requirements, then they may have failed in their duty of care to their employees and you can make a claim against them. Contact us for advice with claiming compensation.
How can I claim?
If you have been placed in a dangerous situation, it is useful to be able to gather evidence that can prove the conditions that you had to work in.
This evidence can include:
- Photos of where the accident occurred
- CCTV footage of the accident
- Photos of the injuries that you sustained
- Any medical records
- Witness statements
- The accident book report from your workplace
If you’ve suffered a slipped disc at work, we want to help you gain the compensation that you deserve. Our industrial injury solicitors are ready to take on your case.
Contact us to get started with your compensation claim.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.