Can I Claim Compensation For My Work Related Musculoskeletal Injuries?
You can claim compensation for musculoskeletal injuries if you have been repeatedly bending and stretching into uncomfortable positions, or perhaps sitting for long periods of time in an unnatural posture.
Work related musculoskeletal injuries can develop into a very painful condition. These injuries can result from not being provided with the correct support in a working environment, and also from acute traumas and fractures that happen from avoidable accidents. If you have developed a painful condition or had an accident because of your employer’s failure to protect you from potential hazards, then you can likely make a claim.
Get in touch with us today to start your compensation claim process.
What are Work Related Musculoskeletal Injuries?
There are two different types of musculoskeletal injuries, and they are categorised into different types of claims.
The first includes disorders that develop gradually and are caused by the overuse of muscles, tendons, and nerves. Work activities which are frequent and repetitive, or activities with awkward postures, tend to cause these disorders. They can have a number of different names, including:
- Soft tissue disorders
- Overuse syndrome
- Regional musculoskeletal disorders
- Occupational cervicobrachial disorders
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Repetitive stain injuries
- Cumulative trauma disorders
The second includes traumatic injuries of the muscles, tendons and nerves. These are considered separately and would be reviewed as a personal injury claim. These injuries can arise from:
- Slips, trips or falls
- Accidents with machinery
Can I Claim Compensation?
We can help you get the compensation that you deserve fro your musculoskeletal injury.
In industrial disease cases, your employer is obliged to fulfil certain legal requirements. These are:
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all potential harm in the workplace
- Consulting all employees on health and safety issues. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that has been elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in the workplace, and how they are protected, in addition to instructing and training employees on how to avoid them
If you have developed a musculoskeletal injury because of your employer’s inability to adhere to these guidelines, then we can help you. Get in touch with our industrial disease solicitors to discuss your situation.
A personal injury is defined as the legal term for an injury to the body or mind, as opposed to an injury to someone’s property. A personal injury claim can be made against your employers if you have suffered an avoidable accident that wasn’t your fault.
In personal injury claims, you must make a claim within 3 years of the accident, but once you have started the process, we can make it as swift and straightforward as possible.
Get in touch today for help with either a personal injury or industrial disease claim.
How Will My Claim be Calculated?
The different factors that will be considered when your settlement is being calculated will include:
- Whether your musculoskeletal injury has stopped you from working and will therefore result in a loss of earnings.
- Any medical expenses that you may have already paid, in addition to any future treatment.
- Any cost of care that you have already had to receive or may need to receive in the future.
Because every case is unique, there may be other factors that need to be considered when your compensation claim is being calculated. A chat with our expert solicitors can help you to think about everything that you need to include in your case.
How Long Will My Claim Take?
There are two stages to the process of making a claim, whether it is a personal injury claim or an industrial disease claim. These stages are:
- Determining who will be held legally liable for your injury. If it is an accident that has occurred in your workplace, then it will most likely be your employer who will be held liable.
- After liability has been established, the medical evidence of your injury must be examined in order to see how it has had an impact on your life.
The process has the potential to be much shorter if you have help from an expert solicitor. Get in touch with us today to start your claims process.
Contact Us to Find out How Much Compensation you Could Receive
Whether you have suffered musculoskeletal injuries because of a personal injury, or through the development of an industrial disease, we can help you to make a claim.
Get in touch today and find out how much compensation you may be entitled to.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.