Can I Claim Compensation for my Cauda Equina Diagnosis?
Cauda Equina compensation is important to claim when you have had your symptoms missed by a medical professional. Cauda equina is a rare condition, but when it is overlooked it can have serious consequences. We understand that any kind of problem with your back can have a debilitating effect on your life, so we are passionate about helping anyone who needs to claim the compensation that they deserve.
Contact us today for a chat with our medical negligence solicitors.
What is Cauda Equina?
Cauda equina syndrome is a condition that happens when the bundle of nerves below the spinal cord is damaged. The symptoms of this can include:
- Lower back pain
- Pain that travels down the leg
- Numbness around the anus
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Sexual dysfunction
There can be a number of causes of cauda equina syndrome. These are:
- Direct trauma to the lower back
- Spinal stenosis – this is when the diameter of the spinal canal narrows
- Inflammatory conditions that can cause the spinal canal to narrow
In severe cases, cauda equina syndrome can result in permanent bladder problems, sexual dysfunction and numbness in the groin and inner thighs.
Can I claim Cauda Equina compensation?
In cauda equina cases, the speed at which the patient receives treatment is vital to the final prognosis. If you have been unfortunate enough to have a delay in the treatment of your spinal cord injury, or if it was misdiagnosed as a different condition, then you can likely make a claim against the medical professionals who treated you. Here at AWH Solicitors, we have plenty of experience with medical negligence claims and so can assist you throughout the process of claiming compensation for the impact that this will have had on your life.
How will my claim be calculated?
Because of the difficult nature of claims of this kind, there are a number of different things that would need to be considered when calculating the compensation that you could be awarded. The factors that will be considered are:
- Your overall medical prognosis after the correct diagnosis
- How long the delay was before you received your correct diagnosis
- The loss of earnings that you may have suffered due to your injury, and may later continue to suffer from if you can no longer work
You may also need to be examined by multiple medical professionals in order to have a balanced viewpoint of your overall condition.
The process of claiming compensation for a missed or delayed cauda equina diagnosis can be complicated, so it is always a good idea to get the professional help of a trained medical negligence solicitor.
If you have been affected by a delayed or a missed cauda equina diagnosis, it is important to be able to claim compensation for the medical bills that you may need to pay, as well as for the unnecessary suffering that you may have undergone. We can help you with every part of your clinical negligence compensation claim and make the process as straightforward as possible.
Get in touch today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.