Erb’s Palsy Compensation Claims
We can help you claim for compensation if your family has been affected by Erb’s Palsy. Compensation can help you and your family move forward, and will help you with the costs of care.
As this condition will likely have a lasting affect on your child’s life, we understand that seeking compensation is an important part of the recovery process.
Can I Make an Erb's Palsy Compensation Claim?
We can help you seek compensation for Erb’s Palsy if one of the below statements is true.
During the birth of your child the medical professional:
- Did not take the necessary steps to move your baby out of a trapped position
- Did not refer you for a caesarean section if you had a family history of problematic births
- Did not use the correct tools during the birth
- Used unnecessary force in the birth
If Erb’s Palsy was caused by an avoidable action, then you can likely make a claim. We can help you find out if you can make a claim and how much compensation you may be able to claim for.
Start your Birth Injury Compensation Claim
Contact us today to find out if you can claim compensation for Erb’s Palsy.
What is Erb's Palsy?
Erb’s palsy is a condition that affects the network of nerves near the neck that also have control over all the nerves in the arm. These nerves in turn provide movement and feeling to the shoulder, arm, hand and fingers. ‘Erb’ refers to the doctor who first described the condition, Wilhelm Erb and the term ‘palsy’ means weakness.
This condition is most often caused when an infant’s neck is stretched to the side. In some cases, this can lead to children growing up with one arm being shorter than the other. Other long term effects may be:
- A lingering weakness in the affected arm
- A decreased range of motion in the affected joints
- A difficulty with circular movements of the shoulder or elbow joints
With the right physical therapy exercises, there is a high chance that infants will be able to recover movement and feeling in the affected area, so it important that you are able to access the best medical care. Through a erb’s palsy compensation claim, you can get the financial support that you will need for this.
Contact our experts for legal advice.
How Long Would my Claim Take?
There are a wide range of things that would need to be assessed when trying to estimate how long your Erb’s Palsy compensation claim could take. There are two things that need to be considered within the process. These are:
- Liability – determining who was predominantly responsible for the accident that caused the Erb’s Palsy in your child
- Medical evidence – evidence of the severity of their condition and therefore the impact that it is likely to have on your child’s life
Your child may also need to be examined by multiple medical professionals, which can extend the time that it may take your claim to be assessed. The more severe that your child’s injuries are the longer the process may also take. We can help you by making the legal side of things as simple and hassle-free as possible.
Get in Touch to get Started with Your Erb’s Palsy Compensation Claim
We are ready and willing to help with any medical negligence claim and understand the sensitive nature of claims involving infants. Allow us to help you gain the compensation that you and your child deserve and start on the road to recovery.
Contact us today and find out how much compensation you may be entitled to.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away