Medical Negligence Payouts, What can I Claim For?
Are you wondering what medical negligence payout you may be entitled to? It is important to take action when you or a loved one has suffered from substandard medical care.
Here at AWH Solicitors, we can help you to claim compensation if you have not been properly taken care of by a medical professional or institution. We have a great deal of experience with medical negligence cases and can guide you through the claims process from start to finish.
What is a Medical Negligence Claim?
There are a number of different scenarios that can lead to being able to claim for medical negligence compensation. Some common claims that our solicitors have handled include:
- Cosmetic surgery negligence claims
- A&E negligence claims
- Dental negligence claims
- Gynaecological negligence claims
- Amputation claims
- Pregnancy and birth negligence claims
- Surgical negligence claims
- Care home and nursing home negligence claims
This is not an exhaustive list. You may be entitled to a medical negligence payout whenever a scenario fulfils the definition of medical negligence.
Find out how Much Medical Negligence you may be Entitled to
Contact us today for expert help and advice with your medical negligence claim.
How is Medical Negligence Proved?
Medical negligence claims can be roughly judged based on something known as the 4 D’s of medical malpractice. These are:
During training, all doctors are taught what the duty of care is that they must provide to their patients.
Dereliction is the official term for when a medical professional is considered to have broken this duty of care.
- Direct Cause
In order for a medical malpractice claim to be filed, you must be able to prove that it was the direct fault of a medical professional.
The medical negligence payout that you could entitled to will be calculated based on the physical injury and the psychological injury, as well as any medical or travel expenses.
If you are unsure as to whether you may be able to make a claim for medical negligence compensation, our solicitors can help you best understand your situation and what you may be entitled to.
Do I Qualify for a Medical Negligence Payout?
If you have suffered from an injury, illness or condition that has been made worse by the negligence of a medical professional, then you can likely make a claim. Sometimes, entering into a legal process can seem daunting and we understand that. Our solicitors have the ability and experience to make it as straightforward as possible. You will most likely want to be focussed on your physical recovery, rather than worrying about legal jargon. We can help to make that happen.
How will my Payout be Calculated?
The amount of compensation that you could receive for your medical negligence claim will depend on a number of different factors. You will need to be able to prove that your injury or condition is worse than it would have been if you had not been the victim of medical negligence. The other factors that need to be considered include:
- Any cost of extra care
- Any travel expenses that have occurred while you have been receiving medical treatment
- Whether your condition will prevent or may already have prevented you from working and therefore will result in a loss of earnings
- Any extra medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
Because every case is unique, there may also be other factors that need to be considered when your compensation is being calculated. A chat with our expert solicitors will help you be able to work out where you stand.
Get in Touch to Start your Medical Negligence Claim
With the support of our expert solicitors, you can receive the medical negligence payout that you need for your full recovery. No one should feel like they have been neglected when they should have been receiving the right medical care, and we want to ensure that all our clients are properly compensated.
Contact us today and get started with your compensation claim.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away