Can I Claim For My Cauda Equina Negligence?
Proof of negligence of cauda equina is important to attain in cases where you need compensation for your serious back injury. Cauda Equina is a rare condition, and can often be overlooked, which can lead to very serious consequences. If you have been the victim of a missed case of cauda equina, then we can help you with your compensation claim.
Get in touch today.
What is Cauda Equina?
Cauda Equina is a back condition that occurs when the bundle of nerves below the spinal cord is severely damaged. The symptoms of cauda equina can include:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Numbness around the anus
- Pain that travels down the legs
- Lower back pain
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
There can be a number of causes of cauda equina syndrome. These different causes can be:
- Inflammatory conditions that can cause the spinal canal to narrow
- Direct trauma to the lower back
- Spinal stenosis – this is when the diameter of the spinal canal narrows
In severe cases, cauda equina syndrome can lead to permanent bladder problems, sexual dysfunction and numbness in the groin and inner thighs.
How do I get proof of negligence of cauda equina?
In cases of cauda equina, speed is very important because the overall prognosis of the patient will be greatly improved if it can be treated as quickly as possible. If you were unfortunate enough to have a delay in the treatment of your spinal cord injury, or if it was misdiagnosed as something less serious, then this is medical negligence of cauda equina.
In making your case, it will be important to try and gather as much medical evidence as you possibly can in order to increase the chance of being able to get all the compensation that you deserve. It is also good to be able to provide any evidence that can show how your life has been affected by your condition.
If you need any help with gathering the evidence that you need to prove the medical negligence towards your cauda equina, our trained solicitors can advise you on the best course of action. Get in touch with us today.
How will my claim be calculated?
There are a number of different things that would need to be considered when calculating the compensation that you could be awarded for your cauda equina negligence claim. These are:
- Your overall medical prognosis after receiving treatment for the correct condition
- How long the delay was on you receiving the treatment that you needed
- The loss of earnings that you may have suffered due to your injury, and may later continue to suffer from if you can no longer work
You may also need to be examined by multiple medical professionals in order to provide a balanced viewpoint of your overall condition.
The process of claiming compensation for cauda equina negligence can be a complicated process without the right help, so the support of our trained solicitors can make sure that your case can be presented in the best possible way.
Due to the time limits that exist on making compensation claims, it is best to start the process as soon as possible. We are ready and waiting to provide you with our services and help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Get in touch today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.