Can I make a Surgery Compensation Claim?
You may be able to claim for compensation if you have suffered due to mistakes made by medical professionals during your surgery.
Whilst you can and should be able to trust your surgeons, sometimes negligence on their part can lead to life-altering injuries.
What are Common Surgery Compensation Claims?
If there have been mistakes during your surgery which has caused you injury, pain and suffering, you can claim compensation.
We have found that surgery compensation claims are most commonly made for:
- Organ damage that has happened during surgery
- Nerve damage that has happened during surgery
- Surgical instruments being left inside a patient after surgery
- Brain damage as a result of surgery that has gone wrong
- Wound infection caused by incorrect hygiene on the part of the surgeon
- Failure to obtain proper consent for all parts of the procedure
- Unwanted consciousness during surgical procedure
- Issues with gynaecological surgery
- Urological damage
This is not an exhaustive list.
If you want to find out if you can make a surgery compensation claim then get in touch. We will provide you with the expert advice you need on a no win, no fee basis.
Start your Surgery Compensation Claim
Contact our expert medical negligence solicitors for expert help and advice.
Can I make a Surgery Negligence Claim?
If there is proof that mistakes were made during your operation, then you will likely be able to make a claim for compensation. A surgery compensation claim involves being able to prove clinical negligence.
Within the officially recognised guidelines, there are ‘four D’s’ of medical malpractice. These are:
- Dereliction (negligence)
- Direct Cause
It must be proved that all of these four elements were present in order for a claim to be made against a medical institution or individual.
There is also a time limit, known as a ‘limitation period’, on the process. This means that you will most likely have 3 years from the date of the alleged medical malpractice – in this case the date of your surgery.
How will my Compensation Claim be Calculated?
Because of the difficult nature of this kind of case, there are a number of different things that would need to be considered when calculating your compensation for a surgery compensation claim. These are:
- The extent of your injuries that were a result of an avoidable mistake during surgery
- What your overall medical prognosis is
- Whether you have sustained a loss of earnings sue to a surgical mistake
The process of surgery compensation claims can be complicated, so it is always a good idea to get the professional help of a trained medical negligence solicitor.
Get in Touch with our Surgery Negligence Solicitors
If you have been affected by mistakes that were made during a surgical procedure that you have undergone, we want to help you receive all of the compensation that you deserve.
Our expert solicitors have a lot of experience with medical negligence claims and can guide you through the process.
Contact us today and find out how much compensation you may able to claim.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.