Can I Claim Brain Injury Compensation?
Brain injury compensation claims are some of the most difficult to deal with, as damage to the brain puts you and your loved ones in a life-changing situation. Getting fully compensated for such a traumatic situation can help towards medical costs and the necessary adjustments that need making within your day-to-day life.
Our solicitors have experience working with sensitive cases and have the expertise to provide all of the legal support that can make the process as simple as possible so you can focus on the things that really matter to you.
Contact us today for help and advice.
Can I make brain injury compensation claims?
If you or your loved one has suffered a brain or head injury that was the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim compensation. This would be able to help you maintain your independence and improve your quality of life.
You should contact an industrial disease solicitor as soon as possible in regard to your brain injury compensation claim so that the legal process can be set into motion. This will also mean that events will be more recent and for example photographic evidence may still be able to be obtained.
There is a time limit on the amount of time that you or your loved one has after the accident to make a compensation claim. Court proceedings must be started within three years from the date of the accident. This means that it is more important than ever that you act as quickly as possible and contact our expert solicitors to get help with your brain injury claim.
How do brain injuries commonly occur?
Although there are a number of different ways in which you can suffer a head or brain injury, some of the most common accidents include:
- Falls from a height
- Road traffic accidents
- Medical negligence
- Workplace accidents (including accidents in the military)
If you have suffered a brain injury as the result of any of these accidents, our injury solicitors can help you gather the evidence that you will need to make your compensation claim.
Can I calculate my brain injury compensation claims?
It is difficult to be able to calculate the exact amount that you may be entitled to. However, there are a few factors that are taken into account. These are:
- Whether you will now require modifications to your home
- If any vehicle was damaged in your accident, and the cost of it being repaired or replaced
- Whether your injuries will prevent you from working and therefore result in a loss of earnings
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment that you will need to receive
Cases of Brain Injury Fatalities
Brain injuries can be incredibly serious, and in very tragic cases they can even be fatal. If you have lost a loved one to a brain injury that was not their fault, you may be able to claim compensation after their death. Contact our expert solicitors for help with this more complex claim.
Here at AWH Solicitors, we have a lot of experience with serious personal injury claims and can guide you carefully through the process of claiming for compensation.
Contact us today for expert advice.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.