Can I Claim Compensation for my Cycling Accident?
Cycling accident claims bike accident compensation are more common than ever, with many road users choosing the more environmentally friendly option for travel. However, it is taking some time for all roads to be made entirely safe for cyclists and there are unfortunately still a lot of cases involving individuals pursuing a bike accident claim. If you have been the victim of a cycling accident that wasn’t your fault, then you could be eligible to claim cyclist compensation with the help of our expert personal injury solicitors.
Contact us today for guidance and advice on your cycling accident claims and getting bike accident compensation.
Get Help With Cycling & Bike Accident Compensation Claims
Cyclists are unfortunately some of the most vulnerable road users and they can’t always be seen on the roads. It is recommended that you always follow the correct safety procedures when cycling between your destinations, including wearing reflective gear and always wearing a helmet to protect yourself.
Some of the more common cycling accidents claims that our solicitors have dealt with include:
- A cyclist being thrown off their bike due to potholes or cracks on the road
- A cyclist being thrown off their bike due to a poor conditioned cycle lane
- Passengers exiting a car and opening their door into a cyclist
- A cyclist being clipped by a vehicle that was not giving them adequate road space – therefore putting the driver at fault
- A collision between vehicles and bicycles, both in motion at the time
Any cycling accident that has caused you injury and that was not your fault can potentially put you in a position to make serious injury claims. Contact us today to find out if you are entitled to compensation.
Can I make a claim?
If you have been injured in a cycling accident, then it would be beneficial to make a claim for compensation that can help you to cover the medical bills, damage and time off work during your recovery process.
If you were the innocent party in this accident, we can help you to make a personal injury claim. Our trained solicitors have a great deal of experience in helping people like you receive the compensation they deserve.
It is important to know that there is a three-year limit on the time that you have to make a claim after your accident, so it is best to start the process as soon as you possibly can.
How long will my claim take?
It is difficult to give an exact amount of time for how long your cycling accident injury claim could take, but there is a two-step process to personal injury claims being considered. These two steps are:
- Liability being decided
It must be established who is responsible for your cycling accident.
- Medical evidence being assessed
The medical evidence you provide must be reviewed to decide on the serious nature of your injury, whether it has had psychological effects, and how to calculate your compensation.
Read more about how long an injury claim takes
How will my claim be calculated?
It is difficult to say exactly how much you will receive in compensation, but there are a number of factors that are considered in the process of determining the amount that you should know about. These are:
- Whether any injuries that you have sustained have stopped you from being able to work and earn an income
- Any travel expenses that have been accumulated in the time that you have been receiving medical treatment for your injuries
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment that you may have to receive
- What the cost of repair for your bicycle is
If the injuries that you have suffered from are particularly serious, your solicitor may advise you that it is a good idea to wait until you have an idea of your long-term prognosis, as you will not be able to claim further compensation at a later date. We will be able to advise you which option is best for you.
If you have had a cycling accident that wasn’t your fault, we can help you to claim compensation for your injuries. Get in touch today for expert help and advice.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.