How Would My Personal Injury Claim Be Calculated?
How is personal injury compensation calculated? If you have been the victim of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then this is a question that you will want to know the answer to. Our solicitors are specialists in personal injury claims and can help you with your claim.
To understand exactly what you may be able to claim, get in touch.
What is Personal Injury Compensation?
You will be entitled to personal injury compensation if you have been injured as a result of another persons’ negligence. You can be entitled to compensation if you are injured in a car accident, in an accident in a public or private place, as a result of poor medical treatment, or at work.
There are a number of serious injuries that you may be able to claim compensation for. Incidents that can lead to a compensation claim include:
- Accidents caused by criminal offences, like assault
- Accidents caused by the negligence of medical professionals
- Road traffic accident – whether you were in a vehicle or hit by a vehicle
- Accidents caused by faulty goods or services
- Accidents that happen in the workplace
- Accidents that happen on holiday
- Accidents that have happened in your home
- Accidents involving animals – for example horse riding accidents or dog bites
If you have suffered a personal injury, get in touch with our expert solicitors to get started with your claim for compensation.
How is Personal Injury Compensation Calculated?
There are a number of factors to be considered when your personal injury compensation is being calculated. These can include:
- The cost of the medical treatment that you will have to receive as a result of your injury. This may include physiotherapy or rehabilitation programmes
- The loss of earnings that you may have suffered from not being able to work
- The travel cost of getting to the medical appointments that you need to attend
The severity of your personal injury will also have an impact on how the amount is calculated. If you don’t have a full medical prognosis, then your solicitor may suggest that you wait until you do, because you will not be able to claim any more compensation if your condition develops further at a later date.
How Long will my Claim Take?
It is difficult to be able to put an exact time estimation on how long you claim might take. However, there are two stages to the process. These two stages are:
- It will be determined who is held liable for your injury. In personal injury claims, this could either be an individual or an institution
- The medical evidence from your injury must also be assessed in order to determine how it has affected you and therefore how much compensation you can claim
If you require multiple medical assessments, then your overall claim time could potentially take longer.
With the assistance of our solicitors, we can ensure that the legal side of the process will be as efficient as possible.
Get in Touch with our Personal Injury Solicitors
If you have been the victim of a personal injury that wasn’t your fault, we can help you to make a claim for compensation.
Our professional solicitors have the experience and expertise to assist you throughout the process.
Contact us today to find out how much compensation you may able to claim.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.