How Long Does A Personal Injury Claim Take?
Wanting to know how long does an injury claim take can be an important factor when considering whether you want to pursue a case.
If you are worried that the process is going to be long and stressful, you might be unsure as to whether it is worth it. However, our trained solicitors are experts in making the process as simple as possible and can help make your injury claim process move quickly.
Contact us today for specialised help with your personal injury claim.
What Can Qualify for an Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim can involve any physical or psychological injury or illness that has happened to you because of the negligence of someone else. There are a number of different examples of common claims. These can include:
- Injuries that have happened from criminal offences, like assault
- Holiday accidents
- A slip, trip, or fall in a public place
- Accidents in the home
- Workplace injuries
- Medical negligence
- Faulty goods or services
- Accidents involving animals such as horse-riding accidents or dog bites
You will have a time limitation on your personal injury claim and must make a claim within 3 years of the accident happening.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
It is difficult to be able to measure exactly how long it will take to resolve an injury claim, but there are two main factors that need to be considered within the process. These are:
- Liability – who is to blame for the accident and your injury
- Medical Evidence – proving the accident caused your injury and assessing the damage that it has caused you
In some cases, it can take a while for liability to be decided, and this can mean that the process can take slightly longer. Having the right legal support through this procedure can make all the difference. Our solicitors are very experienced in personal injury claims and can provide all the help that you will need with your case, keeping you up to date at every stage of the process.
In terms of your medical prognosis, it is sometimes better to settle your claim only after you have either made a full medical recovery or know what the final outcome of your treatment may be and have this in the form of a medical report. This is because, once the claim has been settled, most often you will not be able to have any further payment, even if your injury or condition was to get worse.
As a general guide, the more complex or severe your injuries then the longer it will take to gather the medical evidence that you will need for your claim. There is a chance that the individual or company that you are claiming against will also want to have your injuries examined by additional medical experts for a second opinion.
All of these factors can add up to extend the timeframe of an injury claim being settled, so it is better that you seek advice as soon as possible.
How Much can I get in Compensation?
The amount that you will receive in a personal injury claim can vary greatly. The factors that will be considered are:
- How your injury will affect your ability to work, and how they might result in a loss of earnings
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
- Any travel expenses that you have had to pay in the time that you have been receiving medical care
When all of these things are taken into account, the amount of compensation that you may be able to claim will be able to be calculated. To begin gathering evidence and starting the claims process, contact our expert personal injury solicitors as soon as possible.
Contact Us to Get Started on your Personal Injury Claim
If you have suffered after an accident and feel that you may be able to claim compensation, it is important that you begin the process as soon as possible so you can wait the least amount of time to get the payment that you deserve for your accident. Our expert legal advisors have a wealth of experience in this field, and can offer all the support that you will need.
Contact us today to find out if you can make a personal injury claim.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away