Laser Hair Removal Burn Compensation
Can I Claim Compensation for Laser Hair Removal Burns?
Laser hair removal burns can be a painful and unnecessary result of receiving the wrong standard of care during a beauty treatment. It is not unreasonable to expect that the professional carrying out the treatment will carry out the necessary duty of care towards you as their client. If they have failed to do this, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Get in touch today to find out whether you have a laser hair removal burns case.
What are Common Injuries Suffered due to Laser Hair Removal?
If the procedure is carried out correctly, then there should be minimal risk of injury. However, some of the common injuries that can be suffered include:
- Laser hair removal burns
- Skin irritation
- Heightened sensitivity of the skin
- Tenderness of the skin
Can I Claim Laser Hair Removal Burn Compensation?
By definition, a personal injury is the legal term for an injury to the body or the mind, as opposed to an injury to your property. If you can prove that you have suffered a bodily injury due to a clinician’s negligence in the last three years, then you may be able to claim compensation for your laser hair removal burns through a personal injury claim.
What is rReasonable to Expect from your Beautician or Clinician?
When you are going to receive this kind of treatment, the individual carrying out the treatment should:
- Fully inform you of the risks associated with laser hair removal before beginning to carry out the procedure
- Give you a realistic idea of what the eventual results of the treatment will be
- Give you an opportunity to change your mind about going ahead with the procedure
- Offer you professional advice if you experience any problems after the procedure
- Use clean and appropriately sterilised equipment
You should never feel like you are being pressured into receiving the treatment, or that you have been misled as to the final results.
How Long will my Claim Take?
It is difficult to give an exact time scale on how long the claim could take overall. However, there are two stages to the process. These two stages are:
- Firstly, it must be determined who is held liable for your injury. In cases involving laser hair removal burns, this will likely be the individual who carried out the procedure.
- Secondly, the evidence from your injury must also be assessed in order to determine how it has affected you and therefore how much compensation you can claim.
If your burns are particularly severe and you require multiple medical assessments, then your overall claim time could potentially take longer.
With the assistant of our specialist personal injury solicitors, we can ensure that the legal side of the process will be as efficient as possible.
How much Could I get in Compensation?
It is difficult to be able to give an exact figure when estimating how much compensation you could receive. However, the considerations that go towards the figure being calculated include:
- The cost of any medical treatment that you may need to correct the original procedure.
- The travel costs of getting to any necessary medical appointments.
There are also more specific considerations that can be factored into the monetary calculation. For instance, any suffering that you have undergone can also be financially compensated.
Get Started with your Compensation Claim
Our expert solicitors have a great deal of experience with personal injury claims. We are able to guide you easily through the process and make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve.
Get in touch with us today and we can start your claim for laser hair removal burns.Get in touch