Can I claim compensation for my neck injury?
We know how scary it can be to suffer an injury but suffering an injury to your neck is particularly unpleasant. Neck injury compensation may be available to you and can assist you in paying for your medical bills and getting back to feeling your normal self.
Being unable to carry out everyday tasks can really affect your mindset, and we want to be able to help you as best as we can. Our personal injury experts are ready and waiting to listen to your situation and offer their advice.
Get in touch today.
Do I qualify for neck injury compensation?
If you’ve suffered a neck injury as a result of safety failings, you may be able to claim for neck injury compensation. There are a number of different ways that you can sustain a neck injury. These can include, but are not limited to, the following.
As the head is actually quite a heavy part of the body, if you are involved in any kind of accident that involves rapid movement of the neck, the strain can cause significant damage to the tendons and muscles in the neck, and even to the cervical part of the spine. This kind of neck injury most commonly occurs in car accidents. You will most likely know that you have damaged your neck in the aftermath of an accident, but the symptoms can worsen over the next few days and include:
- Reduced and painful neck movements
- Tenderness and heat over the neck muscles
- Neck pain and stiffness
In some cases, you can develop lasting damage that is known as chronic whiplash. This can make it difficult to carry out everyday activities, as well as making it difficult to carry out work.
Neck Strain and Lifting Injuries at Work
If you work in a job that involves lifting heavy objects or working on a production line, you may be more likely to sustain a neck injury. The most common type of minor neck injuries in the workplace include:
- Soft tissue damage
- Pulled muscles
- Ligament damage
- Tendon damage
In serious cases, your neck injury may have long-term effects, or you may have been the victim of a serious isolated incident where you suffered a neck injury. If this has happened to you, a chat with our trained solicitors can help you find out whether you can make a claim.
Broken Neck and Paralysis
This is the most serious neck injury you can sustain as injuries of this type involve damage to the cervical vertebrae, which are the top seven bones in the spinal column. This often results in some form of paralysis. We understand the traumatic way an injury like this will have changed your life and want to offer any legal help that we can.
How will my neck injury compensation be calculated?
Whether you have suffered a life-changing injury or a painful whiplash accident, all the factors in your accident will be considered when your compensation is calculated. These factors include:
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment
- Whether your injuries will prevent you from working and therefore result in a loss of earnings
- Any travel expenses that have occurred while you receive medical treatment
- Whether you now require modifications to your home
Whatever your situation, here at AWH Solicitors we can help you with getting your neck injury claim compensation. We will support you throughout the process, and secure the best possible outcome for you.
Contact us today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.