Can I make a Claim for an Injury that Happened on School Property?
Personal injury claims against schools are necessary when you or your child has been injured on school property. Whilst it’s reasonable to assume that you would be safe from unpredictable hazards in a school, accidents do unfortunately still happen.
With the help of our expert personal injury solicitors, you can claim for any accident that wasn’t your fault. Our legal advisors are well trained in situations of this nature and can help you with all aspects of your case.
Find out how much compensation you may be entitled to.
What are Common Personal Injury Claims Against Schools?
A personal injury claim against a school can involve any accident, injury or illness that was the result of negligence on a school property or could be proved to directly be the school’s fault. Some of the most common cases include:
- Accidents involving playground equipment
- Sports or P.E. related accidents
- Injuries caused through children being asked to carry out unreasonable physical tasks
- A trip or fall on school grounds
- Asbestos related claims where children or staff have been exposed to asbestos material in old buildings
- Food poisoning that has been caused by incorrectly prepared school food
It is a more difficult area of the law to raise injury cases when they involve children, so if you have one of these more complex claims then you will need to contact our expert personal injury solicitors to help you with the details of your case.
Can I make a Claim?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury on any school property, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. If your child has suffered an injury or illness, then you might be able to make a claim on behalf of them if you have not had any involvement at all in the incident.
Whether making it for yourself or on behalf of your child, the claim should be made as soon as possible after the incident so that evidence can be as accurate as possible. All personal injury claims need to be made within three years of the accident date. Additionally, if the child is claiming for themselves and they were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident, the three-year period does not begin until they are 18.
How would my Claim be Calculated?
There are a number of different things that need to be considered when your personal injury claim against a school is being calculated. These factors are:
- Any medical expenses that have had to be covered, in addition to any further costs that may need to be paid
- If the claim is for an adult, whether their injuries will result in a loss of earning from being unable to work
- Any travel expenses that have occurred while seeking medical treatment
If you are unsure as to what may be considered within your personal injury claims against a school, a chat with our expert solicitors can help clear up any confusion that you may have.
Contact us and Find Out How Much Compensation you may be Entitled to
Here at AWH Solicitors, we have a large amount of experience with children’s personal injury claims and can help guide you through your case with the least hassle and the most straightforward process.
Contact us today for expert help with personal injury claims against schools.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.