Personal Injury Claims and Compensation Process
Personal injury claims can cover a wide-ranging number of injuries that you may have been unfortunate enough to sustain. Here at AWH Solicitors, we understand that it is important for both your mental and physical recovery to feel that you have received all of the appropriate medical and financial support that you deserve.
We can help you throughout your claims process, making sure that you understand every stage and that any of your concerns are listened to.
Contact us today for a helpful chat about the personal injury claims process.
What are common personal injury claims UK?
A personal injury claim can be made for an injury that you may have suffered due to the negligence of another person or institution. There are a number of serious injuries that can be included in this definition. Incidents of personal injury can include:
- Accidents involving animals – for example horse riding accidents or dog bites
- Accidents that happen in the home
- Accidents that happen on holiday
- Accidents that happen in the workplace
- Accidents caused by faulty goods or services
- Road traffic accidents – whether you were in a vehicle or hit by a vehicle
- Accidents caused by the negligence of medical professionals
- Accidents caused by criminal offences, like assault
This list is not strict, and if you suspect that you may have suffered a personal injury then you may have a legal case. Psychological trauma can be an unpleasant side effect of physical injury, and you will want to feel as supported as possible if you have suffered both of these.
Contact us today for expert help with your personal injury claim.
What is the personal injury claims process UK?
There is a claims time limit, so it is always best to act as soon as possible after you have suffered from an accident. In UK cases, you must make a claim within 3 years of the accident.
If a child has suffered a personal injury, then they have 3 years from the year that they turn eighteen to enter into the personal injury claims process.
Starting the process
Once you have contacted a solicitor, they can begin immediately to build your case file with evidence from your incident. It is often best to seek legal advice as soon as possible, as the events will be clearest in your mind and there are more likely to be witnesses who can be interviewed.
The process will be two-fold and will involve first proving who is liable for your accident, before then deciding how much you are entitled to for your personal injury compensation. Liability means finding who is most responsible for your avoidable accident. For instance, if your employer failed to provide you with personal protection equipment at work then they would clearly be held at fault.
If you have any questions about your personal injury claim, get in touch for a free, informal chat.
How will my personal injury compensation be calculated?
There are a number of different factors that need to be considered when estimating how your personal injury compensation will be calculated. Some of these are:
- The cost of the medical treatment, such as physiotherapy or rehabilitation programmes, that you will have had to receive
- The loss of earnings that you may have suffered from not being able to work
- The travel cost of getting to your medical appointments
Our personal injury claims solicitors are no win no fee specialists with plenty of experience in handling cases of this nature. We will be able to explain the legal process to you in straightforward terms. Any questions at all are welcomed, and we look forward to being able to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Get in touch today to start your personal injury claims process.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.