Can I make a claim for my Taxi accident?
Taxi accident claims are consistently on the rise, with many passengers seeking compensation for accidents that occurred whilst they were using a taxi service. Taxi drivers are also able to claim for loss of earnings after an accident that wasn’t their fault.
Being involved in any form of road accident is traumatic, but if it involved a taxi then you could be entitled to make a specialised claim. A chat with our expert solicitors can help you get started with your case.
Are you a taxi driver involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, or did you get injured as a passenger in a taxi? Then we can help you.
Can I make a taxi accident claim as a passenger?
If you have been a passenger in a taxi or minicab that has been involved in an accident, there are a number of factors to consider. Firstly, you must be able to establish whose fault it was. It could be the fault of the driver, the operating company, or another driver on the road.
If it is the fault of the driver, this could be for a number of reasons such as:
- They are driving under the influence of drink or drugs
- They are speeding
- They are driving dangerously
- They are using their phone whilst driving
- They have lost concentration
If it is the fault of the taxi operating company, this could be because:
- They failed to ensure that the car was properly maintained
- They failed to perform adequate background check and verification of new drivers
- They failed to ensure that the driver held proper insurance
If it is the fault of a third party, this could be because:
- Another vehicle has been driving dangerously, and your taxi driver has had to move out of the way
- Another vehicle has crashed into your taxi
- An object has been dangerously left in the road
If you been involved in a taxi accident, our expert personal injury solicitors can help you claim the compensation that you will need to feel better.
Can I make a taxi accident claim as a driver?
If you were the driver of a taxi that crashed, you can claim compensation if your vehicle was hit and it was the other party’s fault. You are entitled to make a claim for a range of reasons including injuries caused, loss of income and vehicle damage.
If you are claiming for loss of earnings, you will likely need to provide three years’ worth of previous earnings in order for your compensation to be correctly calculated. Your vehicle damage will also be assessed for compensation.
If you are a taxi driver then having an accident can severely affect your livelihood, and we want to help you get back on the road as soon as possible.
Contact Us for Expert Advice
Whether it’s for an injury that you sustained in a taxi accident when you were a passenger or one in which you were a driver, we can help you. Our experienced solicitors are well trained in personal injury cases and can help you settle your taxi accident claim case with a minimum of hassle.
Get in touch today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.