Our asthma compensation claims calculator can allow you to get an estimate of the amount that you could get for work related asthma. Our experienced industrial disease solicitors can guide you throughout the process of making a claim and make sure that you receive the support that you need.
Find out how much you can claim for occupational asthma below.
Work related asthma is a breathing condition that is caused by breathing in dangerous substances such as dust, chemicals and fumes. These are known as ‘asthmagens.’
You could have been working in your job for weeks, months or even years before you start having asthma symptoms. However, once you’ve become sensitive to a substance at work, it can trigger asthma symptoms the next time you come into contact with it – even if it is just in small amounts. It can also begin as mild asthma with longer lasting symptoms.
Symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
- Asthma attacks
- Bronchitis and wheezing
Asthma in the workplace can be difficult to live with, especially when you’re having to return to the environment that triggers your symptoms. It will likely also be the case that you can’t enter into another job that involves a similar workplace either. An industrial disease claim will be able to help you get the financial support that you need when it’s not possible for you to work.
You may also be particularly at risk of developing work-related asthma if:
- You have a history of allergies
- You smoke or have smoked in the past
- You suffer from rhinitis – this is when the inside of your nose is inflamed
There are a number of different occupations that can be you more at risk of developing occupational asthma. Workplaces that may have a higher rate of asthmagens or allergens include:
- Agricultural workplaces
- Healthcare settings
- Bakeries, flour mills and kitchens
- Pet shops, zoos, and animal laboratories
Additionally, workplaces that have high rates of occupational irritants include:
- Car manufacture and repair workshops
- Woodwork and carpentry workshops
- Electronics and assembly industries
- Engineering and metalwork workplaces
- Hairdressing salons
- Indoor swimming pools
If you believe that you may have been exposed to dangerous asthmagens because of your occupation, then you may be able to make a claim.
Get in touch today for help and advice from our experts.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away