Our online conveyancing quote calculator will give you an instant quote for our legal fees. It will also give you an estimate of the other fees you’ll need to pay.
Choose from the options below and complete your details to get a free no obligation quote.
Online Conveyancing Quote Calculator
Our online conveyancing quote calculator can help you to establish the conveyancing fees that will be involved if you are selling your property or buying a property. Here at AWH, we aim to provide all our clients with accurate and transparent quotes before you decide to get started. If you are happy with your online conveyancing quote, then you can instruct us, and our expert property solicitors can begin.
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the preparation of the documents and the legal processes that are involved in renting, selling and buying property. Whether you need to remortgage a property or are looking to buy or sell, then expert solicitors and conveyancers can help make the process as straightforward as possible.
Why do I need a conveyancing solicitor?
Conveyancing experts have a great deal of experience in the handling of legal documentation. There is always the risk of hidden costs or legal loopholes when you are having to complete a number of different processes, so it is helpful to get a professional to make things simple. This is the case whatever the value of your property.
How long does conveyancing take?
It is difficult to put an exact time frame on the conveyancing process, especially considering the fact that conveyancing includes a number of different scenarios. However, the step-by-step process of a house purchase generally goes as follows:
Before the exchange
- You instruct us to act on your behalf and our property solicitors will get started.
- You make an offer on a property, and the seller will hopefully accept.
- If they accept, your solicitor will carry out all of the relevant searches on the property and contact the seller’s solicitor to request a draft contract and the other relevant documents.
- During this time, it is wise to organise the house survey and buildings insurance.
The Exchange of Contracts
- At this point, you and the seller both sign copies of the contract and agree to a completion date.
- The contracts are now exchanged. At this point the sale is legally binding and you must have buildings insurance in place.
- You pay an exchange deposit to the seller
- After the exchange, your solicitor will lodge an interest with the land registry.
- Your solicitor will receive mortgage funds from your lender and then, on completion day, your conveyancer transfers all outstanding money to the seller’s solicitor.
- Once the seller’s solicitor confirms the money has been received, the property is then yours.
After the sale
- Your solicitor will register the transfer of property with the Land Registry
- If you owe it, you will have 30 days to pay your stamp duty bill. Your solicitor will usually arrange this for you.
What is the solicitor fee for conveyancing?
There are a number of different variables that can have an impact on your conveyancing fees. These could be:
- The overall cost of your property
- The location of your property
- If you’re buying and selling at the same time
- The complexity of the property transaction
Our conveyancing fees calculator works to calculate conveyancing quotes and give you an estimate of costs. A consultation with one of our experts will then confirm all definite conveyancing costs.
Buying and selling property doesn’t need to be over-complicated with legal paperwork. After calculating your conveyancing quote, get in touch with us today to receive expert help with all your property needs.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.