Can I Claim HAVS Compensation?
Our HAVS calculator can help you to get a rough idea of how much compensation you may be able to claim for your hand arm vibration injury. Our industrial disease solicitors have a great deal of experience with claims of this nature and will be able to guide you through the claims process and get you the compensation that you need.
Contact us for expert advice and assistance with your HAVS claim.
What is HAVS?
Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) is the result of excessive vibration through the hands and arms. In as little time as 6 months, nerve damage and restricted blood flow to the hands and fingers can occur.
Some of the common symptoms of HAVS include:
- Pain, tingling and total loss of feeling
- Muscle wasting
- Reduced strength and grip ability
- Loss of fine motor skills
- White fingers that can also become painfully red
Once it begins to develop, HAVS can quickly become a debilitating condition that has an impact on your everyday life. Use our HAVS calculator to find out how much you could be compensated for.
Some of the industries and jobs that are most likely to include HAVS risks include:
- Estate management
- Heavy Engineering
- Utilities Work
- Laboratory Work
- Construction Work
- Road and Rail Work
Some of the equipment that poses the greatest risk includes:
- Power chisels
- Impact Wrenches
Can I Claim HAVS Compensation?
If you have developed Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome because of your employer’s negligence, then you can likely claim compensation for your condition. You can use our HAVS calculator to find out how much this could be. Every employer has a legal duty of care towards their employees and fulfilling this duty should protect workers from developing HAVS.
There are a number of things that your employer must do. These include:
- Giving all employees information about the risks that are in their workplace and how they are protected from them, in addition to instructing and training employees on how they can avoid these risks
- Consulting employees on the health and safety issues that they face. This consultation must either be direct, or through a safety representative that is elected by the workforce or appointed by the trade union
- Carrying out regular risk assessments that address all of the potential harm in the workplace
If you have developed Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome because of your employer’s negligence, then you can likely make a claim against them. Use our Hand Arm Vibration Calculator to get an estimate of how much your claim could be worth.
How Much will my Claim be Worth?
It is difficult to say for sure exactly how much you could receive in compensation for your Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome, but there are a number of things that will be considered in the overall process of your claim. These are:
- Whether the injuries that you have sustained have stopped you from being able to do work further in the industry that you were in
- Any travel expenses that have been accumulated in the time that you have been receiving medical treatment for your condition
- Any medical expenses that you have already paid, in addition to any future treatment that you will have to receive
These are the more detailed questions that will be asked when your case is taken on, but our HAVS calculator also allows you to determine a rough guideline of the compensation that you can look to receive. Inputting your details can put you in the loop and get you started with your case today.
Get in Touch to Get Started
If you’re suffering from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome, we can help you calculate how much you can claim. Our solicitors are very experienced in helping clients through their cases and are ready to help you with yours. Use our HAVS calculator to get an idea of how much you could receive in compensation.
Get in touch today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.