Vibration White Finger Compensation Calculator
Our vibration white finger compensation calculator can help give you a rough idea of the amount that you could be awarded if you have developed and are suffering from this condition. If you have been the victim of substandard working conditions, then we can help you to make a claim against your employer.
Contact us today to get started with the process.Get in touch
What is Vibration White Finger?
Vibration white finger is an industrial injury that is triggered by the continuous use of vibrating hand-held machinery.
The disorder has an impact on the blood vessels, nerves, muscles, and joints of the hands, wrists, and arms. Unfortunately, the syndrome is permanent once it has developed.
What are the Symptoms of Vibration White Finger?
Some of the symptoms of vibration white finger include:
- Tingling ‘whiteness’ or numbness in the fingers
This symptom means that both the blood vessels and the nerves in the fingers are affected. It is likely to be the first sign of the syndrome and is likely to get worse if the use of vibratory tools is not stopped. Feeling in the fingers may eventually be lost.
- The fingers changing colour
This symptom means that the blood vessels are affected. The fingers will at first become pale and the feeling in them will be lost. This phase is then followed by the fingers flushing an intense red when the blood circulation returns to the fingers. This is often uncomfortable and is accompanied by intense throbbing.
- Loss of manual dexterity
In the most severe cases, attacks can occur frequently and can last up to an hour. In these cases, this generally signals that the nerves and muscles are both affected. You can lose manual dexterity and suffer from reduced grip strength.
In very extreme cases, sufferers can lose fingers if they do not address the symptoms. To complicate matters, sometimes symptoms can disappear after they initially appear, but then start again if the hands, wrists and arms are subject to further vibration exposure.
It is important to address vibration white fingers symptoms as soon as you notice them, because there is a three-year limit on the time in which you can make a claim from when you are first aware of your symptoms. If you think that you might be able to make a claim, contact us today to receive advice on your situation.
Why Should I use the Vibration White Finger Compensation Calculator?
Each case is unique, and there are a number of different things that will need to be factored in your compensation claim. Using our Vibration White Finger Compensation Calculator gives you a reassuring idea of how much compensation you could be eligible to claim for your condition.
If you have been working in an industrial role that has meant that you’ve developed vibration white finger, your employer should be able to prove that they fulfilled all of the relevant safety requirements.
The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act of 1974 includes a section that details ‘The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005’. It states that exposure to vibration must be measured in terms of acceleration, amplitude, and duration. This is because using a tool that vibrates slightly for a long time can be as damaging as using a heavily vibrating tool for a short time, and this must be taken into account.
After considering the exposure to vibration, your employer must then consider suitable break periods from using the equipment, and make sure that you are suitably trained.
If you feel that your employer has not fulfilled the required safety requirements, we can help you to make a claim.
How will my Claim be Calculated?
Once your case has been taken on, the amount of compensation that you can earn is dependent on a number of different factors. These factors are:
- Whether the physical impact of your Vibration White Finger has stopped you from being able to work, meaning that you have suffered from a loss of earnings
- Any medical costs that you have had to pay, in addition to the cost of any further treatment that you will have to have
- Any travel expenses that have had to be paid whilst you have been receiving medical treatment for your condition
If your Vibration White Finger has developed into a very serious condition, then you may likely be able to claim a larger sum. On the vibration white finger compensation calculator you can select how severe your symptoms are. Serious cases can often become more complicated, and you will benefit from the help of an expert solicitor. Get in touch with us today.
How Long will my Claim take?
It is difficult to put an exact time scale on your claim period, but it will be split into two stages. These are:
- It must be determined who can be held liable for your condition. Because your vibration white finger developed at work, liability will most likely be found to be with your employer.
- The medical evidence that your doctor can provide will need to be reviewed. This will allow a full assessment of how your vibration white finger has had an impact on your life, and you will be able to be compensated accordingly.
With the assistance of one of our expert solicitors, your claim can be dealt with as quickly as possible and you can receive the compensation that you need.
Contact Us Today to Get Started
Our expert solicitors have plenty of experience with industrial disease claims and are ready to take on your vibration white finger case. Use our vibration white finger compensation calculator above and get in touch to find out more.
Get in touch today and let us begin the process with you.Get in touch
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.