Overall Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Head of Department within the Residential Conveyancing team. The role holder will be responsible for a mixed caseload of residential conveyancing matters and should be able to manage these with confidence, knowledge and expertise in line with the companies exceptional customer service standards.
The role will demand a sound understanding of residential conveyancing.
The role holder must have an ability to manage a high workload whilst at the same time have a sound understanding of but not limited to the following:-
- Transfers of equity
- Help to buy
- Shared Ownership
- Leasehold & Freehold
- Unregistered Properties
The role holder will be responsible for taking individual responsibility for a caseload of existing residential conveyancing matters.
- Have in depth technical knowledge relating to all types of Residential Conveyancing transactions.
- The role holder will be required to manage a caseload
- Attendance with clients initially to obtain instructions and further during the course of the matter.
- The preparation and drafting of the necessary correspondence and documents for each transaction utilising existing computer resources.
- Liaison with clients, lenders, third party solicitors, estate agents etc. in connection with each matter.
- Overall responsibility for the organisation of correspondence and documentation ensuring proper file and case management.
- The organisation of the necessary payments and receipts on each matter in conjunction with accounts.
- Observation of practice procedures in respect of client care and file review systems, the choice of experts, the central diary and the registration of undertakings.
- Carrying out any necessary research to supplement case details.
- Ensuring compliance with practices and procedures as defined in the office manual and as required under The Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme membership.
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Working with a computerized case management system – PROCLAIM
- Managing a high volume and varied workload
- Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and referrers
- Keeping the company abreast of any changes to compliance standards in conveyancing.
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 2 years’ post qualified experience as a practicing Conveyancing Solicitor
- Experience of handling a large conveyancing caseload
- Significant level of knowledge and experience within the field of conveyancing
- Have a good track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Strong IT & Systems knowledge, experience with Proclaim would be an advantage
- A good team player
- Understand and embrace the concept of “excellent customer service” coupled with “urgency to get things done”.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Subsidised Parking
- Medicash Health Plan
- Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
- Rewarded for efforts with a healthy bonus
- Encouragement of internal progression
Apply direct by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.