Overall Purpose of the Role
The successful applicant will be working within a busy and fast paced environment within a small friendly team. Working alongside the Head of Department to run, develop and advise on all aspects of the conveyancing process with the aid of a case management system. You will be self-motivated, able to prioritise with good attention to detail and able to work well under pressure, handling your own case load from instruction through to completion including dealing with Freehold, Registered Sale, Purchase Transactions and subject to prior agreement Leasehold, Transfers of equity, new builds and transfers subject to existing mortgages.
- Accountable for the management of your own case load, including file reviews.
- Provide technical support to Fee Earners when required
- Manage capacity levels
- Manage a team of Fee Earners and Legal Assistants
- Conduct regular audits of caseloads
- Provide reports and MI Support to the Head of Legal Practice in accordance with regulatory, internal and external SLAs.
- Ensure expressions of dissatisfaction are dealt with appropriately and in within the agreed SLA.
- Deliver exceptional Customer Service
The initial role will be to assist in setting up processes and procedures to manage approximately 200 new residential conveyancing transactions per month.
The role-holder will be responsible for the attainment of annual income targets within the conveyancing department and the reporting of both qualitative and quantitate results on a monthly basis.
The role-holder will also play a pro-active role in ensuring that the processes and procedures that operate within the conveyancing department continue to operate in line with both internal and external compliance standards.
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Working with a computerized case management system – PROCLAIM
- Managing a high and varied workload
- Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and referrers
- Keeping the company abreast of any changes to compliance standards in conveyancing
- Managing a Team
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- You will be qualified in the area of practice, either as a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer
- A minimum of 5 year experience.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to set an example to other members of the team in delivering exceptional Customer service.
- Able to make independent decisions relating to your area of responsibility
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the CLC Code of Conduct and any other governing/regulatory body’s rules and regulations, e.g. SRA and Land Registry.
- Strong IT & Systems knowledge, experience with Proclaim would be an advantage
- High attention to detail and able to prioritise.
- Work well under pressure within a fast paced environment.
- Team player
- Able to motivate, drive and inspire others to conduct their best work.
- Have a good track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Previous experience of the supervision and training of junior members of staff would be an advantage.
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.