Overall Purpose of the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Senior Associate Family Solicitor to head up an established Private Family Law department at a leading firm in Blackburn.
You will be leading the way in building and developing the department and workload whilst having the full support of management to progress and drive the department forward.
The main responsibilities held by this position are:
- Handling cases in compliance with relevant internal and external professional standards
- Comply with all internal policies and procedures
- Comply with current Code of Conduct and other relevant external regulations and professional guidelines
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, effective, practical and equitable legal advice and representation.
- Maintain and update the Business Plan for the Department
- Review monthly billings/new matters/cash received and report reasons for variances to the Practice Director
- Efficient administration and handling of personal case load, to include – Taking instructions in person, in writing or by telephone from new and existing clients representing clients in court and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current law and trends
- Maintaining a court conference and file review diary, to include – Monthly billing and time recording
- Optimise the Practice recovery of costs and disbursements
- Utilise the Proclaim case management system
- Refer any cases causing concern immediately to the Directors as appropriate
You will be running a caseload of private & legal aid family law matters including:-
- Children law
- Co-habitation disputes
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Business Development
- Fully and actively contribute to the effective operation and development of the department and the Practice as appropriate
- Create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships with colleagues and relevant external bodies
- Represent the Practice in the community
- Obtain new cases for the Practice in accordance with relevant external regulations and internal marketing statements
- Promote the vision, priorities and objectives of the Practice
- Undertake any relevant Learning and Development as per the SRA Code
- To carry out all duties accurately and efficiently, within internal and external guidelines to agreed deadlines
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years PQE Family Solicitor/Legal Executive
- Ideally the candidate should have a DV accreditation from Law Society or Resolution
- Advocacy experience
- Family Law Accreditation
- Confident with business development
- Experienced in dealing with a broad range of family related matters
- Have a people-centred approach
- Be able to deliver first class client service
- Be commercially minded
- An in depth knowledge of the Lancashire market would be an advantage
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.