Clinical Negligence Solicitor
Overall Purpose of the Role
The role holder will be responsible for a caseload of Clinical Negligence cases which include all aspects of medical, dental and clinical injuries. The role holder will have a solid background in medical negligence and should be able to manage cases with confidence and knowledge in line with the Company’s exceptional customer service standards. The work will be varied in complexity and value.
This role will demand an excellent understanding of all aspects of litigation and complex clinical negligence. The role holder must have an ability to manage a high workload whilst at the same time have a solid understanding of litigation and the Civil Procedure Rules.
The role holder will be a ‘technical expert’ in his or her field of clinical negligence.
The role holder will be responsible for taking individual responsibility for a caseload of complex Clinical Negligence files both pre-litigated and litigated. The caseload will consist of both Fast Track and Multi track claims.
- To have an excellent working knowledge of all areas of clinical negligence
- To demonstrate a solid understanding of the technical issues involved in dealing with a litigated case
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of the civil procedure rules
- To demonstrate the ability to take on individual responsibility within the context of a team environment
- To demonstrate commercial awareness and a proactive approach to all aspects of work
- To demonstrate strong decision making skills
- To demonstrate technical expertise in his or her field
- Be able to achieve financial targets on a monthly and annual basis and to contribute to the profitability of the team as a whole
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills including client awareness and client care
- To demonstrate an ability to manage risk on an individual and team level
- To operate in line with both internal and external compliance standards
- Maintains strong relationships with both internal colleagues and external customers and agencies
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Working with a computerised case management system – PROCLAIM
- Managing a high and varied litigated caseload
- Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and referrers
- Working to service level agreements
- Understand and embrace the concept of “excellent customer service” coupled with “urgency to get things done”.
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Qualified Solicitor status with 2 year’s PQE
- Experience of dealing with complex and high value Industrial Disease, fast track/multi-track litigated cases and/or clinical negligence
- Excellent working knowledge of the CPR
- Excellent drafting capabilities of court documents
- Excellent advocacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent fact finding skills
- Excellent understanding of cost budgeting and cost case management conferences
- Assertiveness and a determination to “get things done”
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisational & interpersonal skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be a good ‘People’ person and work well as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of PROCLAIM or equivalent
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Medicash Heath Plan
- Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
- Bonus structure
- Encouragement of internal progression
- Encourage internal and external training
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com