Overall Purpose of the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a duty solicitor to work in our Criminal department.
AWH Solicitors is a successful and well established legal practice based in Manchester & Blackburn.
An opportunity has arisen within the Criminal department. We are looking for a qualified duty solicitor who can undertake work in the police station and Magistrates Court along with the preparation of cases in the Crown Court.
The Criminal department at AWH Solicitors prides itself on providing excellent client care and working hard to achieve the best possible results.
- Getting the best results for clients, advising clients and taking instructions accurately
- Working as part of the Team in representing clients throughout the criminal justice system
- Conducting yourself in accordance with the Quality Manual and Criminal Contract
- Requirement to work on the Rota for court and police station out of office hours
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be a qualified duty solicitor.
- Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive
- 3-5 Years PQE
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to work under pressure and comply with deadlines
- The necessary skills in respect of client care
- Experience in advocacy in the Magistrates Court
- Demonstrable commitment to teamwork
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to develop and expand a case load
- Work well as part of a Team
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Managing a high and varied workload
- Be PC literate having good knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Salary is competitive (depending on experience and qualifications)
- 24 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Medicash Health Plan
- Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
- Rewarded for efforts with a healthy bonus.
- Encouragement of internal progression
- Encourage internal and external training.
Apply direct by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org