Employment Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive
Overall Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and will have at least 2 years experience in Employment litigation, and will be used to dealing with both Claimant and Respondent clients.
To support the head of department in both the development and delivery of Employment Law products and services.
To provide pragmatic and commercial advice to both Claimant and Respondent clients in relation to both contentious and non-contentious matters, as well as running litigated matters from inception to conclusion.
The role will demand an ability to manage a high workload. Innovation and an ability to perform in a fast paced and every changing environment is essential.
• To provide support to the employment law team in the preparation of a variety of materials and resources for the delivery of tailored offsite projects
• To provide support to the Sales & Marketing Team in the development of the website and client portal
• Running a case load of employment matters, including Tribunal litigation, Respondent advisory work, and fixed fee drafting work.
• Drafting of ET1s and ET3s
• Drafting witness statements
• Representing clients at Preliminary hearings
• Ensure that client records are maintained in line with operational requirements
• Working to targets and deadlines
• Managing a high and varied workload
• Providing both a quality and speedy service to clients
• Working to service level agreements
• Be self-motivated and use initiative
• Understand and embrace the concept of “excellent customer service” coupled with “urgency to get things done”.
• Working with a computerised case management system
• Being able to adapt and accept new challenges from clients and management
• Being able to deal with difficult/demanding clients
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Qualification as either a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive
• Have a professional qualification in Employment Law and / or HR (CIPD) or relevant previous experience
• Be conversant with a case management system, ideally Proclaim
• A professional attitude and presence
• Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal
• Commercial awareness
• A “can do” attitude – is able to use own initiative
• Good organisational / prioritisation and time management skills
• Experience in a similar commercial based role would be desirable
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities.