Family Secretary (Legal Aid & Private)
The legal secretary will provide secretarial support of the highest standard to the fee earners through fast and accurate typing, administration, collating billing information, assisting on case administration, answering the telephone and diary management. Also, to be familiar with legal aid and assisting with completion of Legal Help form and Legal Aid applications and to be familiar with CCMS and Legal Aid processes and procedure.
• To maintain client confidentiality and trustworthiness at all times
• To show sympathy and empathy to clients.
• Recognising your own limitations and be aware of when necessary for you to seek help or further advice from fee earners.
• To work under pressure as part of a small team.
• To be sensitive to cultural issues in a diverse community
• To be reliable, punctual and hard working
• Working to deadlines
• To show willing to give and receive help to and from other colleagues as necessary
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum experience as working as a secretary for the last three years as a private family law secretary.
• An empathy for, and understanding of, the problems faced by our clients;
• An ability to work under pressure, and to respond to crises;
• An acceptance of the need to work outside normal office hours as and when required;
• An ability to work both within a team and on your own initiative;
• An ability to manage your typing efficiently, competently and cost-effectively;
• Knowledge of Legal Aid in particular CCMS preferable.
• Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent telephone manner
• 24 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Company Pension
• Medicash Benefits Package
• Subsidised Parking
• Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
• Rewarded for efforts with a healthy bonus.
• Encouragement of internal progression
• Encourage internal and external training.
Apply direct by emailing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities.