Overall Purpose of the Role
This role will report to the HR Director within the HR Department. You will provide full HR administrative and operational support to the HR Department in an efficient and professional manner. Your role will cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle and contribute to the overall success of the HR Department in achieving its objectives.
The HR Assistant must effectively support the HR team in core administrative duties, they must have a keen attention to detail ensuring records for staff are managed and maintained in a methodical manner. They must be able to work in a fast paced and every changing environment and able to adapt accordingly.
- Support the HR Team with all aspects of administration
- Prepare contract of employment and offer letters
- Conduct first morning induction meetings with new joiners
- Administer all new starter paperwork e.g. pre-employment checks and reference checking
- Update HR system including maintenance of employee records and reports
- General management of recruitment including running of assessment centres
- Ensure all performance reviews and conducted and that associated administration is completed in a timely fashion
- Ensure all absence paperwork is completed, filed and recorded both electronically and manually
- Reward, Recognition and Payroll administration – monthly collation of payroll data, ensure changes to individual’s monthly benefits and entailments are administered accurately.
- Support with any ad hoc projects
Person Specification, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience within the HR administration area.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and driven individual with a focus on providing the best possible service.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a busy office environment, prioritise and organise workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to learn and take on new tasks quickly and use own initiative to explore possibilities before raising queries.
- Demonstrates pride in delivering excellent, quality service and endeavours to exceed expectations.
- Attention to detail in producing high quality output and able to maintain this when under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to ask questions to ensure job requirements are understood.
- Commitment to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and quality of operational support.
- Proactive, showing initiative when completing tasks by pre-empting issues and proposing solutions for them.
- Confidence in building rapport and trust with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Academic qualifications, A-Level’s preferred. GCSE Mathematics C Grade upwards required.
- Work well as part of a team
- Strong IT & Systems knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- 24 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Medicash Heath Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
- Bonus structure
- Encouragement of internal progression
- Encourage internal and external training
Apply direct by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org