New Claims Advisor
Overall Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a New Claims Advisor to join our team!
The New Claims Handler provides a timely follow up service upon the receipt of new enquiries as they come into the business. This involves the inputting of information received in relation to any new enquiry onto the computerised case management system. In addition the post holder will be required to contact the client and any associated third parties in order to both gather information and instruct further actions. The aim is to deliver a service that demonstrates excellent customer service skills to enable the business to meet its ambitious targets.
Team Manager – New Claims
The role of the New Claims Team Handler is to successfully gather all the necessary information in relation to the new enquiry and ensure that it is entered both timely and accurately onto the case management system. Following this to ensure that any relevant third parties are contacted in relation to responding to each case.
The company will provide full training and support, working with a “state of the art” computer system. There will be opportunities to progress within the role for the right candidate.
- Inputting and updating of client details on the company’s computer system (PROCLAIM)
- To be responsible for the gathering data and inputting of new claims and new business enquiries
- Be proactive in completing diary tasks to support the rest of the Team involving work with referrers and third party insurers and medical agencies
- Ensure that attendance calls are completed in line with quality standards and that all key information is obtained and recorded
- To be able to work towards targets and deadlines
- Understand and embrace the concept of “excellent customer service” coupled with “urgency to get things done”.
- Chasing paperwork and outstanding case information in a professional & timely fashion
- Ensure that medical appointments are dealt with in a timely fashion and in accordance with due process
- To be responsible for the inputting and logging of insurance policies relative to client files
- To communicate with witnesses in accordance with allocated workloads & due process
- To be responsible for administrative tasks that provide a support function within the business, including but not limited to, document redaction, bundle preparation, telephone support functions.
- Managing a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and representatives
- Working to service level standards & quality targets
- Navigation and use the basic functions of case management software with supervision
- Completing workloads timely & to a high standard under supervision
- Prioritising work according to its importance or significance
- Recognising where your limits are and where senior intervention is required
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good fact finding ability
- Work well as part of a Team
- Have an eye for attention to details
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships; internal and external.
- Core: GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)
- 24 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Medicash Heath Plan
- Flexible Working hours/ Working from home available
- Bonus structure
- Encouragement of internal progression
- Encourage internal and external training.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org