SEO and Content Specialist
Overall Purpose of the Role
We require an enthusiastic SEO and content specialist to help support the marketing strategy to help drive new business.
The purpose of this role will be planning, creating and executing, analysing and optimising of search engine rankings (SEO) to drive traffic and conversions.
To create highly engaging content on a range of topics in a range of voices and writing styles, depending on the business requirement.
The role offers a great opportunity for someone with a passion for digital marketing, to develop a career at a top 200 law firm.
At our Manchester based law firm we need someone entirely focused on SEO who can keep our approach at the cutting edge of the field, as well ensure we’re getting the basics right.
You will be working closely with other members of the marketing team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to take a site with strong traffic and good links to the next level.
- Responsibility and leading all SEO activities
- Increase online visibility by improving search rankings
- Create content and analyse titles and descriptions for SEO
- Briefing and writing SEO content
- Onsite technical analysis and optimisation
- Keyword and search trend research and tracking
- Tracking of traffic, conversions, and related metrics in Google Analytics
- Domain referrals and backlink analysis
- Link building strategy
- Competitor analysis and comparison
- Giving SEO input on relevant projects
- SEO testing
- Monitor diagnostic tools (Search Console, SEMRUSH)
- Highly competitive market for advertising and SEO
- Range of complex services to become very familiar with
- Quickly changing work environment
- Expectation to work well independently as well as part of the team
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
In addition to possessing excellent overall SEO and writing skills, high accuracy and a great attention to detail are a must.
With impeccable spelling and grammar, you must be able to create engaging and relevant content with confidence and work towards strict deadlines.
In addition to this, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in an SEO role
- Up-to-date knowledge SEO
- Excellent written English
- A good understanding of – and experience working with professional Word Press websites
- Strong experience of research, analysis, testing and reporting
- Excellent understanding of content strategy and how SEO both supports and drives this
- Use Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook with ease
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and SEM Rush (or equivalent)
- Use Google Analytics and similar tools to track and report on the effectiveness of your articles and content pieces
- Research and analyse your topics thoroughly
- Understand the basics of how consumers interact with your content and what motivates them to read and engage with your content
Ideally, you would have experience with:
- Using WordPress for the purpose of uploading, styling and publishing articles
- Proficient understanding of Adobe
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience of delivering video is an advantage
- Using social media channels for business purposes including uploading and promoting articles
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for writing and is eager to learn more about the legal industry and the services we offer as a business.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org