Overall Purpose of the Role
The role will involve providing excellent customer service primarily on switchboard dealing with a high number calls, together with assisting with Reception / admin duties where necessary to provide effective administrative support to all employees of the company in order to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Essential to the role is being able to develop the understanding and embrace the concept of “excellent customer service” and the post holder will need to be willing to reach a stage where they are able to offer interim solutions to the client that fall within agreed parameters.
Experience in dealing with switchboard and admin environment is preferred, however it is understood that the post holder will require some training in the areas of data protection, customer service, switchboard and post room. In order to achieve these skills they will undergo internal training. Success does not depend on any prior learning, only the willingness to learn and achieve.
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment within a growing business. The role holder will primarily play a key part in providing “excellent customer service” when dealing with incoming calls and requests, together with assisting in dealing with internal and external clients and all visitors ensuring excellent first impressions and maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Dealing with a high volume of calls
- Ensure that all calls are answered in a timely, polite and professional manner in line with customer service guidelines
- Transferring calls to the appropriate colleague/department
- Manage and maintain customer complaints/issues log arising out of any calls taken
- Be an ambassador for the business in promoting an excellent customer experience
- Updating details on the company’s computer system (PROCLAIM) in a message taking capacity only
RECEPTION/ FRONT OF HOUSE
- Ensure that all visitors are welcomed into the Company with excellent customer service skills
- Booking clients in and contact the relevant colleague in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain the room booking system
- Facilitate room preparation, including: the provision of refreshments and IT set up for company meetings, training interventions, recruitment assessment days, in order to promote excellence and enhance the customer journey for both external and internal customers
- Ordering of stationery and conducting stock checks
- Coordinating a high volume of incoming and outgoing post
- Following defined processes and operate bespoke mail equipment
- Deadline orientated and understand link between outputs and impact on business
- Handle confidential legal information with the required sensitivity and confidentiality
- Collating information using a range of resources including scanning, photocopying and faxing
- Working towards demanding targets and deadlines
- Assisting the Reception Manager to ensure there is an effective working environment for all members of the business
- Supporting the business in general administrative duties
- Managing a high volume of client calls
- Providing a quality service to internal & external clients and referrers
- Attention to detail and timely responses in the handling of inbound and outbound mail
- Dealing with a large volume of mail both incoming and outgoing
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Must have good computer skills with knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be a good ‘People’ person and work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach and able to work with a process orientated team
- Familiar with scanning facilities (Would be an advantage)
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.