Neglected Three-Year-Old Awarded Compensation following Prescription Error Case
Successful claim for prescription error
A three-year-old child who suffered from epilepsy has won his case against a pharmacy who supplied him with the wrong dosage of medication.
What was the case?
The young boy was unfortunately neglected and abused by his parents and so was under the care of his grandmother.
He suffered from epilepsy, and was prescribed medication for the condition.
The pharmacy from which his medication was dispensed gave the boy’s grandmother the wrong dosage for him.
He essentially overdosed on the medication.
This prescription error caused convulsions and fever symptoms which were obviously distressing for the boy and his grandmother.
Our clinical negligence solicitors arranged for this case to have a no win, no fee arrangement, which means that no money was asked for up front.
The judge decided that the prescription error made by the pharmacy was unacceptable, so awarded our client £4,000.
Because of the nature of the case, our team made the decision to waive our right to deduct a success fee from the boy’s damages.
Although cases like this are awful, we are pleased with the fact that we can help innocent people get the outcome they deserve.
Hear more about the member(s) of our team featured above:
- Nimish Patel Senior Associate Solicitor/Team Manager view profile