Conveyancing fees example – Remortgage of a Freehold House
Our fees* cover all of the standard work required to complete the remortgage of this property.
Conveyancers Fees and Disbursements
Remortgage of a Freehold House at a Value of £100,000
£350.00 Plus VAT £70.00
Local Search £60.18 inc VAT
Water and Drainage Search £60.00 inc VAT
Coal Search £39.60 inc VAT
Environmental Search £38.00 inc VAT
Chancel £13.22 Inc VAT
Bankruptcy Search per person £2.40 inc VAT
Land Registry Priority Search £3.60 inc VAT
Land Registry Fee £20.00
Bank Transfer Fee £30.00 plus VAT £6.00
Estimated Total £693.00
Please refer to the section headed ‘Additional Costs’ for circumstances in which we may need to charge additional fees.
* Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Disbursements are payments to third parties and organisations such as Land Registry fees. The costs estimate sets out the current cost of expected disbursements but they are subject to variation, and the final bill of costs will include the actual expenditure incurred. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. It is sometimes necessary to make additional disbursements either in respect of documents not within the deeds, particular problems or because of delays. In such cases additional fees will be payable.
How long does it take to remortgage a house?
We aim to complete a straight forward remortgage transaction in 3-5 weeks depending on how long the searches take to arrive and whether the lender has any specific additional requirements. If there is a defect in the title then the time scale may be further extended whilst we find a possible solution.
Stages of the Process
The precise stages involved in the refinance vary according to the circumstances. The key stages include the following:
- Your Quote - Based on the details you provide we will generate your tailored conveyancing quote for this remortgage and send you our client care pack with a number of forms for you to complete.
- Review of the Property Title - We review the property title and the documents you have returned to us.
- Your Mortgage Application - Your mortgage lender will process your mortgage application and forward a copy of your offer to us, of which we will provide you a detailed report.
- Arrange for Signing – we will now arrange signing of your documents and mortgage deed
- Redemption Figure – The necessary redemption figures from your existing mortgage provider will be obtained to redeem your existing mortgage
- Mortgage Advance – Once all previous steps are completed, we will request the mortgage advance from your new mortgage lender
- Completion – After receiving the mortgage advance, we will repay your existing mortgage and transfer net balance to you
- Post Completion – The new charge will be registered at HM Land Registry of which you will receive a copy
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.