Road Traffic Solicitors Fees – Motoring Offences
The following price information is based on advice and representation at the Magistrates Court in relation to summary only road traffic offences deal with at a single hearing.
Our services are provided on a fixed fee service and the applicable rate of VAT is 20%.
For matters where a guilty plea will be entered our fees are £350+VAT.
What will be included in (and excluded from) the fixed fee is set out below.
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions either at the office or court
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- any trial and preparation for trial
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice and assistance in relation to an exceptional hardship hearing
- any additional hearings
- any travel time and disbursements in attending court (eg travel, accommodation)
- advice and / or assistance in relation to any potential appeal
Any services which are not included in our fixed fee will be charged at our hourly rate which ranges from £180-£250 per hour and we will discuss this with you should it become necessary.
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, any other evidence and provide advice.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and represent you. We anticipate being at court for up to half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
How long will the process take?
This largely depends on the offence and whether you intend to enter a guilty plea or defend the charge at trial. The usual timescale for a motoring offence case from when we’re first instructed is from three to six months. Each case is individual and we should be able to give you a more accurate idea of timescale when we’ve more details about your case.
VAT & disbursements
Our fees and some disbursements are subject to VAT at 20%.
Disbursements are charges payable in addition to our fees, normally to a third party. They can include fees payable to the Court , barristers and other experts such as medical experts who may be required to provide evidence in your case.
The amount charged for the disbursements depends upon a number of variables examples include expert reports (approximately £150.00 - £250.00 plus VAT), expert attendance at Court (approximately £50.00 - £200.00 plus Vat per hour), Barrister’s costs (advice or attendance at Court £50.00 - £.300.00 Plus Vat per hour).
Expenses may also be charged for photocopying and printing documents, travel and hotel accommodation and can range from £50-£500 depending on the circumstance All expenses are subject to VAT.
Where we anticipate that any disbursements or additional fees may be payable, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Our motoring offences team
Our team has many years of experience in representing clients in all types of criminal cases.
Within the team we have three solicitors with expertise in motoring cases. Each has dealt with many such cases providing an excellent service to their clients:
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.