Our conveyancing fees
At AWH we want to ensure that all our clients know exactly what costs they can expect before starting the conveyancing process. When you enquire about our services, we will provide you with a clear quote that's tailored to your specific circumstances before you instruct us. Below you will find an overview of the likely costs you will incur.
To obtain your quote, or to find out more about the below conveyancing fees, call our team or request a call back by completing our contact form.
Overview of fees
Please consider these as an indication of our fees. We can provide you with a detailed tailored quote when you get in touch.
Our fees as stated below cover all standard work that is required for the sale, purchase and re-mortgaging of your home. Fees are dependent on the property value, property type and whether or not the property is freehold.
Conveyancing fees - Purchase of a property
|Purchase Price of Property||Our Fees Freehold House||Our Fees Leasehold House||Our Fees Leasehold Flat/Maisonette
|£0-£50,000||£450 + VAT||£525 + VAT||£600 + VAT|
|£50,001 – £100,000||£550 + VAT||£625 + VAT||£700 + VAT|
|£100,001 – £150,000||£600 + VAT||£675 + VAT||£750 + VAT|
|£150,001 – £200,000||£650 + VAT||£725 + VAT||£800 + VAT|
|£200,001 – £250,000||£700 + VAT||£775 + VAT||£850 + VAT|
|£250,001 – £300,000||£750 + VAT||£825 + VAT||£900 + VAT|
|£300,001 – £350,000||£800 + VAT||£875 + VAT||£950 + VAT|
|£350,001 – £400,000||£850 + VAT||£925 + VAT||£1,000 + VAT|
|£400,001 – £450,000||£900 + VAT||£975 + VAT||£1,050 + VAT|
|£450,001 – £500,000||£950.00 + VAT||£1,025 + VAT||£1,100 + VAT|
|£500,001 – £600,000||£1,000 + VAT||£1,075 + VAT||£1,150 + VAT|
|£600,001 – £700,000||£1,050 + VAT||£1,125 + VAT||£1,200 + VAT|
|£700,001 – £900,000||£1,100 + VAT||£1,175 + VAT||1,250 + VAT|
|£900,001 – £1,000,000||£1,150 + VAT||£1,225 + VAT||£1,300 + VAT|
|£1,000,001 and above||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote|
Conveyancing fees - Sale of a property
|Sale Price of Property||Our Fees Freehold House||Our Fees Leasehold House||Our Fees Leasehold Flat/Maisonette
|£0-£50,000||£400 + VAT||£475 + VAT||£550 + VAT|
|£50,001 – £100,000||£425 + VAT||£500 + VAT||£575 + VAT|
|£100,001 – £150,000||£475 + VAT||£550 + VAT||£625 + VAT|
|£150,001 – £200,000||£500 + VAT||£575 + VAT||£650 + VAT|
|£200,001 – £250,000||£550 + VAT||£625 + VAT||£700 + VAT|
|£250,001 – £300,000||£625 + VAT||£700 + VAT||£775 + VAT|
|£300,001 – £350,000||£675 + VAT||£750 + VAT||£825 + VAT|
|£350,001 – £400,000||£750 + VAT||£825 + VAT||£900 + VAT|
|£400,001 – £450,000||£825 + VAT||£900 + VAT||£975 + VAT|
|£450,001 – £500,000||£875 + VAT||£950 + VAT||£1,025 + VAT|
|£500,001 – £600,000||£950 + VAT||£1,025+ VAT||£1,100 + VAT|
|£600,001 – £700,000||£1,100 + VAT||£1,175 + VAT||£1,250 + VAT|
|£700,001 – £900,000||£1,150 + VAT||£1,225 + VAT||1,1300 + VAT|
|£900,001 – £1,000,000||£1,250 + VAT||£1,325 + VAT||£1,400 + VAT|
|£1,000,001 and above||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote|
Conveyancing fees - Remortgage of a property
|Value||Our Fees Freehold House||Our Fees Leasehold House||Our Fees Leasehold Flat/Maisonette
|£0-£100,000||£350 + VAT||£425 + VAT||£500 + VAT|
|£100,001 – £200,000||£400 + VAT||£475 + VAT||£550 + VAT|
|£200,001 – £300,000||£450 + VAT||£525 + VAT||£600 + VAT|
|£300,001 – £400,000||£500 + VAT||£575 + VAT||£650 + VAT|
|£400,001 – £500,000||£550 + VAT||£625 + VAT||£700 + VAT|
|£500,001 and above||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote||Contact us for a quote|
Conveyancing fees - Transfer of equity
The fees involved with a transfer of equity will depend on the circumstances of the transaction. Please contact us for a tailored quote.
Conveyancing fees - Disbursements
We make disbursements payments on your behalf to ensure there are no delays in the conveyancing process.
Disbursements are third party fees that must be paid, such as fees for searches, office copy fees and land registration fees. The disbursements relevant to you depend on if you are buying or selling, remortgaging or transferring equity.
If you are purchasing a property you will need to pay for certain searches. Fees for local searches can differ depending on the area in which the property is located. In the Blackburn area you can expect these to be upwards from £60.18 incl. VAT.
Depending on the property and its location you may benefit from additional searches, such as:
- Drainage search - United Utilities charge £60 incl. VAT
- Coal mining search - £39.60 incl. VAT
- Environmental search - £38 incl. VAT
- Chancel - £13.22 incl. VAT
Land registry registration
If you are purchasing a property you must also cover the costs of land registry registration. Land registry fees depend on the value of the property and the manner of registration. In most cases we can register online, saving you money, but in some exceptional circumstances we may have to register by post. This can be necessary for example when buying a new build property.
|Purchase price of property||Registration fee - online||Registration fee - post|
|Up to £80,000||£20||£40|
|£80,001 - £100,000||£40||£80|
|£100,001 - £200,000||£95||£190|
|£200,001 - £500,000||£135||£270|
|£500,001 - £1,000,000||£270||£540|
|£1,000,001 and over||£455||£910|
If you are remortgaging your property the following fees will apply:
|Value of property||Registration fee - online||Registration fee - post|
|Up to £100,000||£20||£40|
|£100,001 - £200,000||£30||£60|
|£200,001 - £500,000||£40||£80|
|£500,001 - £1,000,000||£60||£120|
Electronic money transfer fee
The electronic money transfer fee must be paid if you are either buying or selling property. To transfer the purchase price to the seller's solicitors we charge £30 + VAT.
Stamp duty and land tax
When you are purchasing a property you may also need to pay stamp duty. You may be exempt from paying this fee depending on the property value and whether or not you are a first time buyer. You can calculate the amount you have to pay here.
HMLR search fees
HMLR fees that are relevant to buyers include:
- Bankruptcy search - £2.00 + VAT per person
- OS1 official search of whole £3.00 + VAT per title number
- Land charges search - £2.00 + VAT per name
HMLR fees that are relevant to sellers include:
- Office copies. When you sell a property we obtain evidence of title of the registered property on your behalf - £3.00 per title/document/lease
If you are remortgaging you pay for the bankruptcy search, OS1 and office copies.
Landlord’s/Management Company/Agents Fees
If you are buying/remortgaging a leasehold property you may need to pay fees to the landlord depending on the requirements of the lease. There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below.
This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. We will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease.
- Notice of Transfer fee – Payable on a Purchase. This fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50-£100.
- Notice of Charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50-£100.
- Deed of Covenant fee – Payable on a Purchase. This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £50-£100.
- Share Certificate fee - Payable on a Purchase. This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £50-£100.
- Certificate of Compliance fee - Payable on a Purchase. To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £50-£100.
These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents. If the property is also subject to various management companies and agents in addition to the Freeholder/Landlord then further sets of fees may be payable to each party depending on the structure of the development and requirements contained within the Lease.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charge are likely to apply throughout your ownership of the property. We will confirm the ground rent and the anticipated service charge as soon as this we receive this information.
If you are selling or remortgaging a leasehold property you may need to obtain a Landlords Sales Pack and or a Management Company Pack. The fees for these packs can vary significantly, however these can generally be estimated to fall between £100 and £300. These fees cover the supplying of information regarding service charges, ground rent, buildings insurance and notices required in order to progress the transaction.
Outstanding mortgages and secured loans
There may be additional fees if there is an outstanding mortgage to be repaid when selling property. There will be a fee for each mortgage, where multiple mortgages are outstanding. There will also be an additional fees if there is a secured loan registered against the property.
If there are unusual and complex matters that need to be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process we may charge additional fees.
For example, you may incur additional costs if one of the below is applicable. We will always inform you of any additional costs as soon as we are made aware of these.
- If the property is bought through the right to buy or help to buy scheme
- If during the process, we find that a legal title is defective
- If we find that either part of, or all of the property is unregistered
- If during a sale or purchase we find that the relevant planning permissions were not obtained to build, or alter the property
- If you choose to purchase property using a gifted deposit
- If the sale or purchase involves a non-standard mortgage or if you are relying on Islamic financing
- If you choose to purchase or sell the property via auction, or if it's a repossession property
- If it is a shared equity purchase or sale
- If the property you are buying is a new build
- If a management company is involved
- If the property you are selling or buying is a non-standard dwelling
- It is necessary to prepare additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- A lease extension is required
- The matter becomes prolonged
- Indemnity Policies are required
This is not an exhaustive list.
Fixed fees included in these are:
- Fixed fee for the release of a help to buy ISA bonus during purchase - £50 + VAT per ISA
- Fixed fee for purchasing a new build - £200 + VAT
Examples of how fees are calculated
For a further understanding of how our fees are calculated please view the examples of fee calculations below:
- Purchase of a freehold house - example calculation
- Purchase of a leasehold flat - example calculation
- Sale of a freehold house - example calculation
- Remortgage of a freehold house - example calculation
Our conveyancing services
To find out more about our residential conveyancing services you can read more on our conveyancing pages, or get in touch.
All AWH Solicitors conveyancing work is supervised by a qualified solicitor. The specific experience of individual team members can be seen in the team member profiles.
Why Choose AWH Solicitors
Our solicitors are highly experienced and have an abundance of experience in their field of law, ensuring you the best chance at a successful outcome of your case or claim.
Expert Services & AdviceAs a modern multi-service law firm, we proudly provide award winning legal services to our clients across the country.
Pricing of our ServicesIn order to be fully transparent on our prices we have published our pricing structure on each service page.
How to get StartedTo get your case started with AWH Solicitors you can simply pick up the phone or request a call back from our friendly solicitors at a time that suits you.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.