Our expert domestic abuse solicitors can offer you the very best legal support when you feel that you need to leave a difficult situation.
Domestic Abuse Services
Depending on your circumstances, you may need our help with your separation or divorce, division of assets and child arrangements. In cases of domestic abuse, you may also need a:
- Non-molestation order
- Occupation order
- Restraining order
Our expert solicitors understand that cases of domestic abuse need to be dealt with sensitively and urgently. The safety of both you and your children is always our main priority.
The protective measures we can enforce
We can help you apply for one or both of the following, as well as helping with your divorce or separation agreements:
- A non-molestation order: this will prevent the abusive person from using violent or threatening behaviour towards you
- An occupation order: this will prevent them from entering your home
If the individual breaches the terms of their court order, they could face several years imprisonment, however this is very rare. We can also arrange protection for your children and help you get a divorce from your abusive partner.
Not wanting to deal with your partner directly in this situation is perfectly understandable. If this is the case, we can manage any separation issues on your behalf.
Recognising the signs of domestic abuse
Domestic abuse isn’t always physical. Below are some common examples of abusive behaviour which you should look out for, whether for your own safety, or for someone else’s:
- Harassment – this includes stalking, sending unwanted texts and letters, humiliating you or violating your privacy.
- Isolation – this could be anything from pressurising or encouraging you to stay away from friends and family to banning contact with the outside world entirely. It’s also common for abusers to monitor online behaviour and text messages.
- Verbal abuse – belittling, name-calling, making accusations and excessive shouting are all examples of verbally abusive behaviour.
- Threats – this could include acting in an intimidating way, threatening violence towards you or your family members or destroying your belongings.
- Controlling behaviour – controlling your access to money, clothing or even food would classify as abuse. Controlling behaviour is one of the first signs of an abusive relationship, and it tends to get a lot worse over time.
- Sexual violence – this may include using force towards the victim, degrading them or making sexual and violent threats.
Our advice on starting a domestic abuse case
We strongly recommend that you take the following steps:
- Report any incidents of abuse to the police immediately.
- If you are injured, seek medical advice as soon as possible and keep a copy of your GP’s report. If possible, we also recommend that you take photographs of any injuries to build evidence against the abuser.
- Save proof of any abusive or threatening communication such as text messages, emails or letters.
- Keep all of this information in a personal diary, noting specific time and dates wherever you can.
It is crucial that you gather enough evidence for your domestic abuse solicitors to use, as this will then improve your chances of being granted a protection order.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for help. Our solicitors can arrange a confidential discussion about your case whenever you feel comfortable.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total transparency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.