Applying for a British passport
Please note: A 30-minute consultation with one of our immigration experts can be held in our offices or over the phone or Skype. Please be aware that we do not offer free advice and will charge a non-refundable fee of £95 per consultation.
Who can apply and when
If any of the below applies to you, we can help you apply for your British passport:
- You have naturalised as a British citizen
- You are an overseas or overseas territories British citizen
- You are a British subject
- You are a British national living overseas
- You are considered a ‘protected person’
If you have naturalised as a British citizen, there is no waiting period in place for submitting a British passport application. This means you are able to apply immediately after you have been to your citizenship ceremony.
Our immigration team will be able to determine whether you are eligible to apply for a British passport and help you with your application if you are.
Benefits of getting a British passport
There are a range of benefits which come from being a British passport holder, such as:
- Having ease of travel in Commonwealth countries
- Being in possession of one of the top twenty most powerful passports in the world, meaning that you have visa-free entry to 185 countries
- Having your rights internationally recognised as the exact same as a British-born citizen
Getting your British passport may also feel like the final step of your naturalisation process if you have come to the UK as a non-EEA and Switzerland national.
How we can help
If you want to apply for your British passport, turn to our immigration team for help. While the application may seem straightforward it can be costly to make mistakes, so why not leave it to us to handle?
We can answer any questions you have, and will explain every step of the process to you so you are always in the know. Contact us today for thorough, and expert advice.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Very efficient firm. You have handled my case’s impeccably. My advisor, Charlotte, has been 100% professional and efficient.
You were the third solicitor firm who handled my claim. Things were going at a pedantic rate but your file handles Craig Johnson kept me informed and advised me whenever! The claim took over 3 years from start to finish but Craig worked on it in good time.
She saw to every little detail and made sure I was reassured every step of the way. She showed me empathy and always went the extra mile.
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.