Joining a Parent services
Joining your parent in the UK
Our team of friendly solicitors can guide you through every step of your child visa application, making sure that you understand the process and helping you to reach the best outcome for you.Get in touch
Applying for a child visa
Who can apply
If you are under 18 and want to join a parent in the UK for more than six months, you should apply for a child visa.
You must be a non-EEA or Swiss national, and at least one of your parents must be permanently settled in the UK. This means they can be a British citizen, hold indefinite leave to remain in the UK, or have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.
If you aren’t sure whether a child visa is right for you, our team can help you decide.
When you apply for a visa to join your parent, you will have to provide a certain amount of evidence to the Home Office before they can grant you entry clearance to the UK.
You will have to prove that:
- Your relationship with your parent is genuine – you can prove this using evidence of contact such as texts, emails, phone logs and your birth certificate
- You have suitable accommodation arrangements for when you arrive in the UK, such as a tenancy agreement or mortgage statement with a letter from your parent/s or their landlord confirming that you can live there
- You intend to live with your parent in the UK after you arrive
- You have a good knowledge of English – you may have to take a certified English Language Test
There are financial requirements which your parent who is living in the UK has to meet. They must have an income of at least £18,600 per year if you are their only child who will be dependant on them in the UK.
If you have any siblings who will also be dependant on the UK parent, they will have to earn extra per year per child.
How long you can stay
If your application to join your parent is successful you will be able to live in the UK for up to two-and-a-half years.
After this you will can apply for another two-and-a-half years’ extension on your visa before you can settle permanently in the UK, without having to apply for any more extensions.
We can help you
It might feel quite daunting to apply for entry clearance into another country. However, you don’t need to worry, because our solicitors can help you through your whole application process.
We will support you the entire time, so that you can get the result you need and join your parent/s living in the UK.
If you’re ready to make your move, get in touch today to find out more about how we can help, or request a call back.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can expect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute initial consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Additional 30 minutes where consultation runs over||£60 + VAT|
|Initial consultation + advice letter||£300 + VAT|
|Visa checking service(no drafting)||£250 + VAT|
|Extension applications settlement||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Entry clearance fees - out of country|
|Visit Visa||£600 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Employed||£700 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Self Employed||£800 + VAT|
|Dependants (Parent/Relatives)||From £800 + VAT|
What is included:
- Advice on procedures and law
- Completion of the paper and on line application form
- Advice on all documents required to submit with application
- Consider the contents of all documents supplied to submit to the British Embassy and follow up
- Advice on strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Preparation of the covering letter
- Attendances and follow up