UK fiancé Visa
A fiancé visa offers you the ideal opportunity to come to the UK for your wedding and to start married life. The fiancé visa is valid for six months. Then, once you’re married, you can apply for a spousal visa which will allow you to live and work in the UK until you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.
We are here to support you throughout the fiance visa application process and any subsequent applications which will allow you to settle in the UK indefinitely. Read more about the fiance visa or get in touch now.Get in touch
Beginning your UK fiancé visa application
The UK fiancé visa lasts for six months and is granted to people who plan to settle under a spouse visa after they are married.
If you want to get married in the UK but don’t intend to stay after the fiancé visa expires, you should apply for a marriage visitor visa instead.
For your partner to be able to sponsor you for your fiancé visa they must be able to prove that they are present and settled in the UK. Alternatively, if they are living overseas they need to be able to prove that they intend to return to the UK with you.
Applying for your fiancé visa with our help
Our highly skilled and experienced immigration solicitors have a great deal of experience successfully applying for fiancé visas, helping couples settle together in the UK.By choosing our help you’ll be giving yourself the best chance at a successful outcome.
Give us a quick call or send us a message through the contact form to learn how we can support you and your family.
To be granted a fiancé visa you need to meet certain requirements:
- Both you and your partner must be over 18 years old
- You need to have met and been known to each other before the application and intend to live together permanently after you get married
- Any previous relationships must have ended at the time of application.
- You need to prove that you both have sufficient funds to support yourselves and any dependents, without the help of any public funds
- If you’re a non-EU national, your sponsor needs to earn at least £18,600. There is a higher threshold if you have children who also need to be sponsored. The requirement is £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each child thereafter
- If the sponsors has worked for less than six months with their current employer, they need to have held savings of at least £62,500 for a continuous period of 6 months before submitting the application
- Sponsors can combine earnings and savings to make up these financial requirements
- You both need to have suitable accommodation available
The fiancé visa is only valid for six months. You need to get married within that period, or else you will need to leave the UK.
When you apply for a fiancé visa you are known on the application as the ‘dependant’ and your partner is known as your ‘sponsor’.
There are a number of ways that ‘sponsors’ settled in the UK can meet the financial requirements. This can be done either through employment, self-employment, cash savings, being the director of a company or a rental income.
Each category has a specific set of documents which need to be submitted with the application. Your income and savings will be checked along with their sources as not all forms of income source are allowed.
You’ll need to be able to prove how long you’ve been receiving forms of income for and how funds are combined, if they come from different sources.
Exceptions to financial requirements
Your UK fiancé visa application will be exempt from these financial requirements if your sponsor receives any of the following allowances or concessions:
- Carer’s allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Disability living allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Personal independence payment
English language requirements
Most visas require you to prove that you can get by in English during your stay in the UK.
To be able to receive a fiancé visa you’ll need to be able prove this, and there are a number of ways you can.
- Passing the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test to level A1. Fiancé visa applicants usually only need to pass the speaking and listening sections
- Having a degree taught in English
- If you’re from an English-speaking country, you may meet the English language requirement on the basis of your nationality alone
Common grounds for refusal
Most UK fiancé visa applications are refused because applicants can’t prove they meet the financial or accommodation requirements.
If the sponsor cannot prove to the Home Office that they can support you financially without access to public funds, the application will be refused.
It’s also important that you’re both free to marry before you apply. If one or both of you are still legally married to other people, you won’t be allowed to apply for a fiancé visa or a marriage visitor visa, as you won’t be able to get married.
If you have any children from previous relationships, the children can apply to come with you, as long as you have sole custody of the child.
Get expert help with your fiancé visa application
Applying for a fiancé visa can be complex and stressful. Our expert immigration solicitors have helped many couples secure their fiancé visa, so they can plan and enjoy their wedding and lives in the UK.
To find out exactly how we can help you, call us today or request a call back.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute initial consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Additional 30 minutes where consultation runs over||£60 + VAT|
|Initial consultation + advice letter||£300 + VAT|
|Visa checking service(no drafting)||£250 + VAT|
|Extension applications settlement||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Entry clearance fees - out of country|
|Visit Visa||£600 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Employed||£700 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Self Employed||£800 + VAT|
|Dependants (Parent/Relatives)||From £800 + VAT|
What is included:
- Advice on procedures and law
- Completion of the paper and on line application form
- Advice on all documents required to submit with application
- Consider the contents of all documents supplied to submit to the British Embassy and follow up
- Advice on strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Preparation of the covering letter
- Attendances and follow up
|In country applications (extensions)|
|Extension applications for:
||From £800 + VAT|
|Points based system - applications and extensions applications|
||All cases are individually assessed and if additional dependants are placed on application they will be charged seperately.||From £900 + VAT|
|Other Immigration applications|
|Application for transfer of visa into biometrics card||£400 + VAT||Travel document application||£400 + VAT||Entry clearance forms (completion only)||£70 + VAT||Home Office Forms (completion only)||£200 + VAT||Asylum||From £2,000 + VAT||Asylum - fresh claim||£1,200 -£1,500 + VAT|
|Application for British citizenship/children registration||£500 + VAT|
|Employers licence for businesses (online)||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 entry clearance (Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 extension application(Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Business audit services||Price available upon request|
|Lodge appeal only||£400 + VAT|
|Lodge appeal and representation||£1,200 - £1,500 + VAT|
|Asylum appeal||£1,500 - £2,000 + VAT|
|Bail application and representation at hearing||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal||From £900 + VAT|
|Review of decision and counsels opinion||£350 + VAT|
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
What our clients are saying about us
Very pleased with how fast my claim was settled. Very nice people always at the end of the phone when i wanted to ask questions on my.claim. would deffo use this company again. Matthew was brill very friendly and reliable.
Very pleased with the service I have received, communication has been maintained throughout. Happy with the outcome of my case.
It's always been a pleasant experience using their services. I felt highly comfortable and confident whenever they dealt with my cases in terms of correspondence, communication and performance. I highly regard their services.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.