Settlement – Humanitarian Protection
Please note: A 30-minute consultation with one of our immigration experts can be held in our offices or over the phone or Skype. Please be aware that we do not offer free advice and will charge a non-refundable fee of £60 per consultation.
Who can apply for settlement on the basis of Humanitarian Protection
Created to replace the previous ‘exceptional leave to remain’ visa, Humanitarian Protection, also known as HP, offers security for those who would be at risk of serious harm if they were sent back to their home country. It therefore includes reasons for risk that are not covered under the Refugee Convention.
If you have been living in the UK on a residence card you may be able to apply to settle in the UK permanently. Settlement in the UK is also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’, and you may be able to apply for this if you are:
- A refugee
- A person with humanitarian protection
You may also be able to include your partner and children on your settlement application if they are already in the UK with you.
If they are not currently with you, they may be able to apply to be reunited with you in the UK.
To find out if you can apply for settlement on the basis of humanitarian protection, get in touch with AWH Solicitors today. We can assess your situation and advise you on your options for staying or settling.
Our immigration solicitors have extensive experience helping people like yourself apply for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of humanitarian protection. To find out what we can do for you, get in touch.
Work and study restrictions
There are no restrictions or conditions preventing you from seeking or taking on work or study under this visa.
Convictions and criminal offences
If you have refugee status or humanitarian protection you can only apply for indefinite leave to remain as long as you haven’t:
- Been convicted of an offence and sentenced to four or more years in prison
- Been convicted of an offence and sentenced to between 12 months and four years in prison, unless a period of 15 years has passed since the end of the sentence
- Been convicted of an offence and sentenced to less than 12 months in prison, unless a period of seven years has passed since the end of the sentence
- Been convicted of (or admitted) an offence and given a non-custodial sentence (or other out of court disposal) within 24 months of your application
- Caused serious harm or shown a particular disregard for the law
Assistance with your application
Our expert immigration solicitors have handled all manner of applications for clients in regards to asylum, HP and refugee status.
Just as with any visa application, no one can guarantee success. However, with AWH Solicitors on your side, you are guaranteed the very best chance at a successful outcome.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Very efficient firm. You have handled my case’s impeccably. My advisor, Charlotte, has been 100% professional and efficient.
You were the third solicitor firm who handled my claim. Things were going at a pedantic rate but your file handles Craig Johnson kept me informed and advised me whenever! The claim took over 3 years from start to finish but Craig worked on it in good time.
She saw to every little detail and made sure I was reassured every step of the way. She showed me empathy and always went the extra mile.
Our Promise to You
- Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
- Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
- Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
- Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
- Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.